Forty-one winners have been selected as recipients of the Rochester Business Journal’s Health Care Heroes awards.
Rochester Business Journal created Health Care Heroes to recognize excellence, promote innovation and honor the efforts of organizations and individuals making a significant impact on the quality of health care in the Rochester area.
“Health Care Heroes are making a significant impact on the quality of health care in our area. When it comes to meeting the needs of their patients, there is no challenge too great or task too big,” said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, group publisher of the Rochester Business Journal. “Often described as miracle workers, this year’s honorees really are heroes in our community. The Rochester Business Journal is pleased to honor them.”
The winners will be honored during a virtual celebration at noon on Tuesday, May 11. Each of the winners will be celebrated for their achievements through video storytelling. Guests will have the opportunity to participate in the program with their congratulations and cheers using social media platforms from their homes or offices. For tickets, visit https://rbj.net/events/health-care-heroes/. The event hashtag is #RBJevents.
Honorees will be profiled in a magazine that will be inserted into the May 14 issue of the Rochester Business Journal and will be available online at rbj.net.
For more information about sponsorships and tickets for the Rochester Business Journal’s 2021 Health Care Heroes, visit rbj.net or email Suzanne Fischer-Huettner at email@example.com.
Individuals and groups are being honored in 14 categories:
Advanced Practice Provider
- Ryan Hand, Rochester Regional Health
- Brenton LaRiccia, UR Medical Center
- Mayra Rodriguez, Huther Doyle
- Kristen Bloom, Thompson Health
- COVID-19 Vaccination Task Force, Trillium Health
- Keith Grams, Rochester Regional Health
- Linda Greene, Highland Hospital
- Wade Norwood, Common Ground Health
- Tim Czapranski, Monroe County Emergency Medical Services
- Syed Ahmed Mustafa, Northeast Quadrant Advanced Life Support, Inc.
- Jevon Tomaschko, Brighton Volunteer Ambulance
Health Care Innovation
- Chrysa Charno, AcuteKids Pediatric Urgent Care
- Sands Constellation Center for Critical Care, Rochester Regional Health
- Ed Walsh, Dr. Ann Falsey, Dr. Angela Branche, UR Medical Center and Rochester Regional Health
Health Care Staff
- Alpha Daramy, Jewish Senior Life
- Anna Gallwey, Highland Hospital
- Fate Girdirsa, Rochester General Hospital
- Robert W. Hurlbut, Hurlbut Care Communities
- David Kluge, STEP Council of the Genesee Region
- Cheryl Martin, Coordinated Care Service, Inc.
- Melissa Allen, UR Medical Center
- Catherine Shannon, Thompson Health
- Bridgette Wiefling, Rochester Regional Health
- Katherine Greenberg, Golisano Children’s Hospital
- Roberto Vargas, Rochester Regional Health
- Robert Wesley, St. John’s
- Mandy Teeter, Rochester Regional Health
- Rebecca Alley, Rochester Regional Health
- Katharine Hiltunen, Monroe County Department of Public Health
- Kate Valcin, UR Medical Center
- Adam Herman, Rochester General Hospital
- Gregg Nicandri, UR Medical Center
- A. David Peter, Thompson Health
- Amy Daly, Thompson Health
- Dallas Nelson, Highland Hospital
- Michele Schirano, Jewish Senior Life
- Vanessa Fortin, Arc of Monroe County
- Theresa Grana, EPI
- Retha Williams-Albert, New York State Medicaid – Department of Health
- Wayne Lee, Friends of Strong Memorial Hospital
- James Maxwell, Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women