The Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce Inc. and the Small Business Council have chosen the finalists for the 2020 Business Person of the Year Award.
In the category of 50 and under employees, the finalists are:
• John Allen, president, Allen Associates Inc.
• Jason Barrett, president, Black Button Distilling
• Aaron Gordon, founder and CEO, Optic Sky Productions LLC
• Jill Knittel, president, JK Executive Strategies LLC
• Nannette Nocon, private wealth adviser, Nocon & Associates
The finalists selected in the over 50 employees category include:
• Michael Hess, founder, president and CEO, Waste Harmonics
• Jay McHarg, CEO, AeroSafe Global
• Bill Pollock, president and CEO, Optimation Technology Inc.
• Timothy Pope, CEO and owner, Ironwood Heavy Highway LLC/Terry Tree Service LLC
• David Scalen, executive vice president and co-founder, Regional Distributors Inc.
The Business Person of the Year Award was first given in 1983 and recognizes for-profit business leaders in Greater Rochester who have demonstrated outstanding success, growth, leadership and service in both civic and professional areas.
“Congratulations to all the finalists named for the 2020 Business Person of the Year. It will be a great honor for me to recognize the outstanding achievements of these Rochester business leaders who rose to the challenge of 2020 by demonstrating excellence in growth, leadership and community service,” Small Business Council President Greg Miller said in a statement.
Greater Rochester Chamber and its Small Business Council will announce the winner of the 2020 Business Person of the Year Award at a hybrid virtual and in-person celebration at the Genesee Valley Club on June 24, 2021.
“While the COVID-19 pandemic may have disrupted many plans in 2020, it also provided an opportunity for true leaders to shine. Being chosen as a finalist for the Business Person of the Year Award in a time of such challenge is an honor with special distinction,” said Bob Duffy, president and CEO of the Greater Rochester Chamber. “We look forward to joining our Small Business Council in celebrating the service and success of our local businesspeople on June 24th.”
[email protected] / 585-653-4021
Follow Velvet Spicer on Twitter: @Velvet_Spicer