The Canandaigua ATHENA Leadership Awards Program will take place online and on television on Nov. 19, the Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce said this week.
Now in its 36th year, the Canandaigua ATHENA program has been recognized nationally for its innovation, leadership and achievements, including the Young Professional Leadership Award that honors the accomplishments of women under the age of 40. Since its inception, the program has awarded 50 women and honored numerous others, while raising more than $100,000 for scholarships to educate and empower local women of all ages.
Producers of the event are encouraging viewing parties this year.
“Hosting a remote event was always a possibility,” said Canandaigua Chamber President Ethan Fogg. “With the support of Finger Lakes Television and our generous sponsors, we’re able to deliver a truly first-class experience for nominees, recipients and our community.”
This year’s 90-minute event centers on two of ATHENA’s core tenets – Courageous Acts and Celebration & Joy. Mary Beer, director of public health for Ontario County, will deliver the keynote address and presenting sponsor Randall Farnsworth Auto Group will join 2019 recipients Margaret Somerset and Allison Hildebrandt in remarks.
The following women have been named Leadership Award nominees:
• Kari Bush, United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes
• Donna Cotter, Literacy Volunteers Ontario-Yates Inc.
• Hon. Kristina Karle, Ontario County Supreme & County Courts
• Nancy McCarthy, freelance writer and community volunteer
• Pam Metting, retired doctor of audiology
• Hazel Robertshaw, University of Rochester Medicine Thompson Health
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award nominees:
• Kristen Bloom, Thompson Health
• Jacklyn Cotter, Habitat for Humanity of Wayne County Inc.
• Mandy Friend Gigliotti, the Friend Team at Keller Williams Realty
• Amber Foster, UR Medical Center
• Chelsey Pendock, Innovision Advertising LLC
• Diana Perry, Canandaigua National Bank and Trust Co.
• Sonya Smith, Muddy Sneakers Physical Therapy PLLC
For more information on the program visit CandaiguaATHENA.com.