Schools, banks, health systems, car dealerships and a beverage giant are all accepting donations for hurricane relief being coordinated by InterVol, the non-profit humanitarian agency based in Rochester.
InterVol is working with the Rochester Regional Health, the Sands Family and Constellation Brands to collect and deliver supplies to the Bahamas, which have been devastated by Hurricane Dorian. Collections are being taken through Sept. 20.
Requested items — all new or unopened — include soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, diapers, toilet paper, towels, sheets, and blankets. Also, heavy-duty plastic sheeting and waterproof tarps are also needed for temporary shelters.
The agency notes that donations of clothing and shoes are not being sought. People may also volunteer to help sort supplies or learn more by visiting InterVol’s website.
Donations are being accepted at any of these locations during regular business hours:
- Bishop Kearney High School, 125 Kings Highway South.
- Constellation Brands offices at 235 North Bloomfield Road, Canandaigua, and 207 Highpoint Drive, Victor.
- Family First Federal Credit Union branches: 375 Fairport Road, East Rochester; 1110 Long Pond Road, Greece; 1225 Jefferson Road, Henrietta; 2520 Browncroft Boulevard, Penfield; 850 Ridge Road, Webster.
- Finger Lakes Community College Student Life Center, 3324 Marvin Sands Drive, Canandaigua
- LeChase Construction, 205 Indigo Creek Drive, Greece
- Our Lady of Mercy School, 1437 Blossom Road, Brighton,
- Rochester General Hospital, 1425 Portland Ave.
- Rochester Regional Health, Riedman Campus, 100 Kings Highway South.
- John Fisher College, Office of Safety and Security, 3690 East Avenue, Pittsford
- Unity Hospital, 1555 Long Pond Road, Greece.
- Van Bortel Chevy, 1338 Pittsford-Palmyra Road, Macedon
- Van Bortel Ford, 71 Marsh Road, East Rochester
- Van Bortel Subaru, 6327 State Route 96, Victor, and 4211 W. Henrietta Road, Henrietta.
- WHAM 13, 4225 West Henrietta Road, Henrietta.
[email protected]/ (585) 363-7275