Rochester Business Journal and The Daily Record NY have an opening for an experienced events coordinator to plan and execute all aspects of online, live, and multimedia events.
This role will manage existing events and work with the team to innovate and launch new awards or educational events. This role will create and manage the event timelines for 25 plus events annually and ensure all responsibilities are completed accurately and on time. The role works closely with sales, print and digital editors the design team, and various event vendors.
The ideal candidate will have experience planning and executing multimedia marketing, digital systems such as Teams, Zoom and project management skills. The ability to manage a timeline and multitask is essential.
- Strategize and plan events, including new events and the improvement of existing events.
- Increase attendance to all events by through print and digital marketing strategies.
- Work well in a team environment while still being able to manage your personal workload and meet deadlines.
- Working closely with all vendors to create successful event experiences for our guests. This includes excellent follow, event vision and finalizing contract details.
- Budget and forecast event income, expenses and attendance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-motivated, has great attention to detail, strong time management skills and multitasking skills.
- Organized and has the ability to juggle multiple deadlines at the same time.
- Strong writing, communication and customer service skills preferred.
- Marketing experience including: social media, print, email. Experience with WordPress is a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Problem-solving skills, along with creativity, is very important.
- Four-year degree and proven experience with marketing and events.
Our organization requires an innovative culture, and staffers have to be willing to develop new ideas, take risk, and grow the event brand through smart marketing and increasing market share.
Please submit your cover letter, and resume if you are interested in this position. We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.
The Rochester Business Journal and The Daily Record have an opening for an experienced, strategic, innovative, and results-oriented multimedia account manager. This opportunity is for a candidate who has a keen understanding of digital sales and a strong understanding of audience-based selling. Experience with event sponsorship, special products and print advertising sales is a plus. Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies across multiple platforms is required. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of meeting a monthly sales budget through smart prospecting, needs based selling techniques, strong closing skills and the ability to multi-task successfully. We are seeking a motivated, high-energy salesperson with a proven record of exceeding goals.
In this position, you will:
- Grow a book of business through networking, referrals, smart prospecting, research and the ability to grow relationships and identify client needs and products to meet those needs.
- Create custom and creative marketing campaigns for clients using multimedia advertising options.
- Help customers develop and maximize advertising budget.
- Create strong proposals and close business on a regular basis.
- Reach monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
Successful candidates will have
- Demonstrated ability to grow and manage a book of business.
- 5+ years of B2B or niche product sales success.
- 5 + years of digital sales experience with a proven track record of reaching goals. Google certification is an extra plus.
We offer competitive compensation with uncapped earnings and a comprehensive benefits program.
BridgeTower Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our workplace.