8:30-8:40 a.m. — Welcome
8:40 – 9:10 a.m. — Keynote Speaker: Julio Jordan, Director of Diversity, Equity, Justice, and Inclusion for the Ibero-American Action League
Julio Jordan is the director of diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion at Ibero American Action League. His work ensures that all individuals and organizations are better positioned to meet the cultural, linguistic, diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion needs of the populations and communities they serve.
9:15-10 a.m. — Building Inclusive Work Environments: An organization’s success is overwhelmingly reliant on its culture. Your culture reflects your values, customs, and beliefs. Experts will share key insights on ways to advance DEI practices within your culture.
- Panelist: Herb J. Alexander, Cayuga Health System
- Panelist: Sydney Bell, ESL Federal Credit Union
- Panelist: Jessica Cohen, Trillium Health
- Panelist: Dr. Sheila M. Strong, United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes
- Moderator: Jonathan Ntheketha, The Harley School
10:15-11 a.m. — Power, Privilege and Allyship: How business leaders can recognize and leverage their influence to grow opportunity and affirming spaces that empower individuals from historically marginalized communities.
- Panelist: Karen Elam, Levine Center to End Hate at the Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester
- Panelist: Natalie A. Grigg, Woods Oviatt Gilman, LLP
- Panelist: Stuart J. Mitchell, PathStone Foundation
- Panelist: Nikisha Ridgeway, Starbridge
- Moderator: Rabbi Dr. Sandra Katz, National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI), Rochester