Built in 1868 and designed by architect Andrew Jackson Warner, Our Lady of Victory Church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. Located at 210 Pleasant St. in downtown Rochester, the church was the first church established in the newly created Diocese of Rochester, and is now led by the Rev. Ronald A. Antinarelli.
The church underwent a restoration with the architectural firm SWBR that was completed in time to celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2018. The restoration, which was done with the help of Spain-based and world-renowned liturgical arts workshop Granda, included the restoration of intricately carved altarpieces, statuary and paintings, new historically accurate liturgical furnishings, a new quiet room with leaded glass doors, solid oak pews, a newly painted and stenciled pipe organ, a new lighting scheme and structural repairs.
“You will find that our edifice has been lovingly restored wherever possible at the liberality of some very dedicated parishioners who have decided to remain anonymous,” Antinarelli wrote in a letter about the restoration.
The church has a pipe organ that was built by the Tellers Organ Company and had a service of dedication in 1953. A new set of chimes was added in 2018.