The recipients of the Rochester Business Journal’s 2023 Women of Excellence awards have been selected.
The Women of Excellence awards recognize high-achieving women for their career accomplishments including professional experience, community involvement, leadership and sustained commitment to mentoring. This year’s class features 50 women from a variety of industries.
In addition, seven women will be inducted into the Circle of Excellence. The Circle of Excellence recognizes women of longstanding, notable success in the community who are leading the way for other women.
The honorees were selected by a panel of judges comprised of the prior year’s Circle of Excellence honorees and the Rochester Business Journal’s editorial team.
“The 2023 Women of Excellence are leaders of impressive achievement. They are making a difference at work, at home and in their communities,” said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, managing director of the Rochester Business Journal/BridgeTower Media. “The Circle of Excellence honorees have demonstrated sustained professional achievement throughout their careers. They are also outstanding mentors who help grow female leaders in the region. We at the Rochester Business Journal congratulate them on receiving this honor.”
The honorees will be honored at a celebration on May 2 at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center, 123 East Main Street in Rochester. Networking and registration begin at 5 p.m. followed by dinner and the awards program at 6 p.m.
Attendance is limited. Honorees and sponsors get the first chance to secure tables. Sponsorship includes a table for guests, multimedia marketing, an ad in the awards publication, logo usage and more. To secure a sponsorship, contact Suzanne Fischer-Huettner at [email protected]. The event hashtag is #RBJevents.
Honorees will be profiled in a special magazine that will be inserted into the May 5 issue of the Rochester Business Journal and will be available online at https://rbj.net/events/women-of-excellence/.
For more information and updated sponsorship information about the Rochester Business Journal’s 2023 Women of Excellence, visit https://rbj.net/events/women-of-excellence/.
2023 Women of Excellence Honorees
- Jennifer Arbore, The Bonadio Group
- Christine Barnes, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Shannon Baudo, Allendale Columbia
- Mollene Benison, CPA, DKB Business Advisors & CPAs
- Christine R. Birnie, R.Ph., Ph.D., St. John Fisher University
- Lori Sussle Bonanni, ELSSUS LLC
- Jennifer L. Boutte, Goodwill of the Finger Lakes
- Destini K. Bowman, New York State Unified Court System
- Tammy Butler, House of Mercy
- Diana R. Clarkson, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Gina Cuyler, M.D., FACP, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Kristina Dengler, Bank of America
- Alecia Fisher Dougherty, Echelon Wealth Advisors
- Krystle Ellis, Ellis K Consulting
- Molly Flaherty, M/Body
- Mary Therese Friel, Mary Therese Friel LLC
- Melanie M. Funchess, Ubuntu Village Works LLC
- Kristy Gonzalez, IntegrateXpress LLC
- Shane Grant, Dixon Schwabl + Company
- Ryann Guglielmo, Dixon Schwabl + Company & Red Bird Market
- Flossie Hall, Fhall Consulting
- Janice Harbin, D.D.S., Anthony L. Jordan Health Corporation (Jordan Health)
- Kaitlin Hildebrandt, Leo J. Roth Corporation
- Terria P. Jenkins, Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC
- Bridgette Jones-Waters, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Maureen J. Lally, Paychex
- Jean Maess, Thomson Reuters
- Kit Miller, MK Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence
- Kim L. Nugent, Sage Rutty & Company Inc.
- Hillary Olson, Rochester Museum & Science Center
- Evelyn Parker, K12, Stride
- Barbara Pierce, City of Rochester
- Jyothsna Ponnuri, Jewish Senior Life
- Maria Jose Cubillos Reed, Cubillos Reed Law PLLC
- Yissette Rivas-Cotto, Finger Lakes Community Health
- Tarryn Larson Rozen, Armbruster Capital Management Inc.
- Dandrea Lynn Ruhlmann, 7th Judicial District, State of New York
- Darlene Ryan, Hillside
- Naomi Silver, Rochester Red Wings
- Susanna Speed, Trillium Health
- Catherine L. Sperrick, Home Leasing LLC and Home Leasing Construction
- Renee Swan, L3Harris Technologies
- Britni Tantalo, Flower City Hydroponics Inc.
- Marcy Tiberio, Professional Notary Services Inc.
- Katie Titus, UBS Financial Services Inc.
- Diane D. Torcello, Tompkins Community Bank
- Kimberly VanCamp, NYS Supreme Court and Monroe County Court – 7th Judicial Distrct Treatment Court
- Leah George VanScott, Greater Rochester Enterprise
- Latia Vaughan, The UNetwork
- Stephanie Von Bacho, University of Rochester Medical Center
2023 Circle of Excellence Honorees
- Chetna Chandrakala, Thundermist Health Center
- Dresden Engle, Dresden Public Relations
- Christina Marie Gullo, Villa of Hope
- Diana R. Kurty, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Carolyn G. Nussbaum, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Tina Paradiso, Imprintable Solutions Ink
- Kathleen Pringle, Kathleen Pringle Group Inc.