The recipients of the Rochester Business Journal’s 2020 Women of Excellence awards have been selected.
The Women of Excellence awards identify high-achieving women for their tremendous career accomplishments. The women are selected based on their professional experience, community involvement, leadership and sustained commitment to mentoring.
This year’s class, selected by a panel of past Circle of Excellence and Women of Excellence honorees, features 40 women from a variety of industries. They have achieved impressive career accomplishments and have made the Rochester community better through their civic engagement and mentoring.
In addition, 10 women will be inducted into the Circle of Excellence. The Circle of Excellence recognizes women of longstanding, notable success in the community who are leading the way for other women. These honorees were selected by Rochester Business Journal editors from among previous Women of Excellence winners.
“The 2021 Women of Excellence honorees are blazing trails professionally and personally. Their leadership, accomplishments and commitment to mentoring are extraordinary,” said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, group publisher of the Rochester Business Journal. “These high-achieving women are breaking barriers and lifting up the Greater Rochester community. We at the Rochester Business Journal are pleased to honor them.”
The Women of Excellence awards will be presented at an online celebration at 5:30 p.m. May 25. Each of the winners will be celebrated for their achievements through video storytelling. Guests will have the opportunity to participate in the program with their congratulations and cheers using social media platforms from their homes or offices. For tickets, visit https://rbj.net/events/women-of-excellence/. The event hashtag is #RBJevents.
Winners will be profiled in a special magazine that will be inserted into the May 28 issue of Rochester Business Journal and will be available online at rbj.net.
2021 Circle of Excellence Honorees
- Mary Walsh Boatfield, Ability Partners
- Marisa Geitner, Heritage Christian Services
- Melissa Geska, US Ceiling Corp.
- Cindy Langston, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Colleen Matteson, Bank of America
- Diane Cooney Miner, St. John Fisher College
- Lesli Myers-Small, Rochester City School District
- Deana Porterfield, Roberts Wesleyan College
- Karen Zandi, Mary Cariola Center
- Heidi Zimmer-Meyer, Rochester Downtown Development Corporation
2021 Women of Excellence Honorees
- Anne Babcock-Stiner, PathStone Corporation
- Yolanda Benitez, Wegmans Food Markets
- Jennyrae Brongo, Homesteads for Hope, Inc.
- Myra Brown, Spiritus Christi Church
- Lisa Butt, Society for the Protection and Care of Children (SPCC)
- Laura M. Cooney, Bergmann
- Providence Crowder, Monroe County Sheriff’s Office
- Terri Cubiotti, Mason Marketing, LLC
- Annika D’Andrea, Tender Loving Family Care, Inc
- Nadine General, Dixon Schwabl
- Tracie Glazer, Hillel Community Day School Edith Grannum, Family Medicine Practice of Edith Grannum MD
- Christina Gullo, Villa of Hope
- Erica Harper, Harper Danesh LLC
- Lisa Harris, Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Kimberly Jones, Butler/Till
- Diana Kurty, Wayside Technology Group
- Lorisa LaRocca, Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
- Cait Loury, Renaissance Academy Charter School of the Arts
- Kimberly McKinsey-Mabry, Monroe Community College
- Linda Moroney, Low to the Ground Productions
- Carolyn G. Nussbaum, Nixon Peabody LLP \Tina Paradiso, Ampie Enterprises Inc dba Imprintable Solutions Ink
- Lindsay Prichard-Fox, Tiver Built LLC
- Laura Purcell, Harris Beach PLLC
- Sujatha Ramanujan, Luminate Accelerator
- Jennifer Rodriguez, Livingston County
- Natalie Rogers-Cropper, Garth Fagan Dance
- Jennifer Schwartzott, Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC
- Carrie Starr, Northeastern Seminary at Roberts Wesleyan College
- Kaye Stone-Gansz, LaGasse Machine & Fabrication and Stone Goose Enterprises
- Cicely Strickland-Ruiz, United Way of Greater Rochester
- Julia Tedesco, Foodlink
- Elizabeth Thorley, Thorley Wealth Management
- Michelle Trott, CPL
- Ellen Wayne, Wayne County Department of Social Services
- Karen Webber, Webber CPA, PLLC
- Stephanie Wells, Person Centered Services
- Anne Wilder, Coordinated Care Services, Inc. (CCSI)
- Maureen Wolfe, ESL Federal Credit Union
For information about sponsorships and tickets for the Rochester Business Journal’s Women of Excellence awards, visit www.rbj.net/events/women-of-excellence/ or email Suzanne Fischer-Huettner at email@example.com.