The Rochester Business Journal announces 10 winners in the COVID-19 Heroes category for the Health Care Heroes awards.
The RBJ announced Health Care Heroes award winners in 11 categories in late January. After the COVID-19 pandemic hit, the RBJ accepted nominations for health care professionals who were making exceptional efforts to help our region fight this health crisis.
Dozens of nominations were made by community members who supplied testimonials on what these professionals were doing to address coronavirus-related health needs.
These winners will be honored along with the previously announced winners during a virtual awards ceremony at noon on Aug. 24. For more information, go to rbj.net/events/health-care-heroes/.
The COVID-19 Heroes are:
- Marco Altieri, All-American Home Care
- William (Bill) Belecz, Trillium Health
- Christopher Bell, Monroe County Medical Society
- Ruth Benjamin, Heritage Christian Services
- Dr. Caroline Easton, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Angela Harbin, Volunteers of America of Upstate NY
- Dr. Timothy Holahan, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Myron Kowal, RCare, Inc.
- Dr. Michael Mendoza, Monroe County
- Tina Tubiolo, Lifetime Care