Nineteen financial professionals have been selected as honorees for the 2020 Financial Leaders Awards, which recognizes their contributions to their organizations and the community during the past year.
The Rochester Business Journal and the Rochester chapter of Financial Executives International launched the Financial Executive of the Year awards in 2008. This year, the awards have been renamed the Financial Leaders Awards and have been expanded to include financial professionals in other roles.
The awards luncheon will be held from noon to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 19 at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center. The honorees will be profiled in a magazine that will insert into the Aug. 21 issue of the Rochester Business Journal and will be available at www.rbj.net. Presenting sponsors are Evans Bank and Freed Maxick.
For information about sponsorships, please contact Publisher Kevin Momot at email@example.com.
Tickets to the luncheon can be purchased online at rbj.net/events/financial-leaders/. For information, contact Events & Marketing Coordinator Jessica Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2020 honorees are:
Chief Financial Officer – Small Company
- Elsa Bretherton, Sydor Technologies
- Chris Cimini, Buckingham Properties LLC
- William MF Davis, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY
Chief Financial Officer – Large Company
- Giovina Lloyd, Alfred University
- Michelle Westrich, Klein Steel Service Inc.
- Cheryl Young, GW Lisk Co. Inc
Chief Risk Officer
- Linda M. Schnitzler, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
- Achille Cavatassi, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Brendon Crossing, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
- Michael Pietropaoli, KeyBank Real Estate Capital
Director of Finance
- Sally W. Atkins, Rochester School for the Deaf
- Sonia Dumbleton, Financial Institutions, Inc./Five Star Bank
- Frank Monfalcone, Harris Beach PLLC, City of Rochester
- James P. Schnell, Mengel Metzger Barr & Co
Internal Audit Director
- Michelle A. LaMachia, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
- Donna Cator, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
- Lauren Kolb, Tompkins Financial Corporation
- Elizabeth Thorley, Thorley Wealth Management, Inc.
- John Knisley, Tompkins Financial Advisors