While many businesses have been forced to shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic, there are some industries that are in need of extra staff. While retail, hospitality and restaurant jobs have been particularly hard hit, jobs in health care and critical retail positions such as grocery stores and drug stores are hiring.
The Rochester Business Journal is compiling a list of businesses and industries around Rochester who may be looking to fill jobs at this time. If you have a listing to add, email Digital Content Manager Kelly Plessinger.
- Monroe County and RochesterWorks have partnered on a jobs portal for essential businesses and job seekers.
- Amazon announced plans to hire around 100,000 warehouse and delivery workers. According to Amazon’s job website, there are some jobs available in Rochester.
- CVS is also looking to expand staff in Rochester. According to the company website, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and increased need in health care, it is looking to fill about 32,000 full- and part-time positions.
- 7-Eleven is looking to fill around 20,000 positions at it stores. You can do a search for specific positions here.
- Aldi has a list of Rochester-area positions on its website.
- Walmart announced plans to hire around 150,000 temporary workers. You can find a list of positions in Rochester here.
- Lowes is looking to hire seasonal workers too.
- Walgreens is also looking to add workers.
- Price Rite Marketplace is hiring workers at its Rochester locations.
- LinkedIn also has an article with information on who is hiring.