Seven finalists have been selected for the 2018 Ethie Award, an annual honor given to local businesses and organizations by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation.
The finalists, chosen by an independent panel of judges, are:
- Excellus BCBS, a nonprofit health plan with 1.5 million upstate New York members whose mission is to help people live healthier and more secure lives through access to high quality, affordable health care.
- Faraci Lange, a law firm founded in 1968 that handles all types of personal injury cases and has been honored for its expertise in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice and products liability.
- Gorbel, an industry leader in overhead materials handling, ergonomic lifting and industrial fall protection founded in 1977.
- JN White, a manufacturing innovation firm, originally found in 1960 as a screen printer, which has evolved into a manufacturer of membrane switches, graphic overlays and prime labels for the medical device, military and consumer appliance markets.
- John Betlem Heating & Cooling, a family-owned-and-operated HVAC company that repairs and installs furnaces, generators and AC units; performs home energy assessments; and offers preventive maintenance programs.
- CP Rochester, which provides a range of health, educational and support services to help individuals of all ages and abilities live a productive and rewarding life.
- Universal Imports of Rochester, which was founded in 1984 and specializes in the sale and service of pre-owned import cars.
“The Rochester area business culture’s appetite for ethics has never been stronger. Ethical companies and the celebration of their thriving cultures is why we believe the Rochester area upholds the gold standard for ethical cultures,” said Award Process Chair and Board Member Kara Martin. “It is exciting to see a robust process in which dedicated organizations apply for this prestigious award. This year’s finalists will join an assemblage of strong ethical employers that have been celebrated as finalists for more than 15 years.”
The winners of the 2019 Ethie Awards are to be announced at an Oct. 7 evening event at Geva Theatre. Award recipients from competitions in Rochester and across the nation are eligible to enter the national competition, the American Business Ethics Awards. Go to www.RochesterBusinessEthics.com for more information about the awards and the October event.