The Daily Record has selected 14 members of the legal community and one law firm to receive 2019 Attorneys of the Year awards.
The Daily Record’s Attorneys of the Year awards honor outstanding attorneys through the Leaders in Law, Pro Bono, Judicial Excellence and Lifetime Achievement awards.
The Leaders in Law Award honors attorneys who have shown dedication to the legal profession and selfless, tireless commitment to the community.
The Pro Bono Award is presented to a firm whose lawyers show a commitment to doing pro bono work, with a high percentage of lawyers who perform pro bono work and a significant number of pro bono hours donated by the firm as a whole.
The Judicial Excellence Award honors an outstanding judge who exemplifies the highest standards of judicial excellence; efficiently, expeditiously and objectively manages cases and dockets; and is respected by, and has the confidence of, other judges, court staff, lawyers and others.
The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes lawyers whose career has helped shape the legal landscape in the Rochester area and who has shown longstanding commitment to the community.
“The Attorneys of the Year winners exhibit exceptional character, integrity and ethics, which make them standouts in the legal profession. They are dedicated to making a difference,” said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, group publisher of The Daily Record. “In addition to demonstrating excellence and achievement in the legal profession, they are leaders in the greater community in which they live and work. We are pleased to honor them for their many professional and community achievements.”
The 2019 Attorneys of the Year Awards will be presented Nov. 14 at a reception and dinner starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency Rochester, 125 East Main St. in Rochester. Winners will be profiled in a special magazine that will be inserted into the Nov. 15 issue of The Daily Record and available online at www.NYDailyRecord.com. The event hashtag is #TDRawards.
The 2019 winners are:
Leaders in Law Award
- Eileen Buholtz, Connors Corcoran & Buholtz PLLC
- Lawrence Costanza, Osborn Reed & Burke, LLP
- Jerry Goldman, Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP
- Lori Green, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Taren Greenidge, Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP
- Daniel Kinel, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Anthony LaDuca, LaDuca Law Firm, LLP
- John Larimer, Larimer Law PLLC
- Bruce Lawrence, Boylan Code, LLP
- Jodie Ryan, McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- David Tang, Underberg & Kessler LLP
Pro Bono Award
- Harter, Secrest & Emery LLP
Judicial Excellence Award
- Justice Evelyn Frazee, New York Supreme Court Seventh Judicial District
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Marilyn O’Connor, Retired Family Court Judge
- Beth Ela Wilkens, Harris Beach