The 2017 finalists for the seventh annual Greater Rochester Excellence and Achievement in Technology awards were announced Thursday by Digital Rochester Inc. The event recognizes locals who contribute to Rochester through innovation and technology.
The finalists broken down by category follow:
Digital Marketing Award
- Causewave Community Partners
- Digital Hyve
- Hillside Family of Agencies
- Lime Creative
Emerging Technology Company Award
- CloudCheckr Inc.
- Synact Inc.
Emerging Technology Leader Award
- Liz Gombert, user experience design manager, Paychex Inc.
- Valentina Peric, software developer, ITX Corp.
- Dan Schneiderman, [email protected] research associate and community liaison, Rochester Institute of Technology
Healthcare Technology Award
- Carestream Health Inc.
- Thuan Pham, iCardiac Technologies Inc.
Student Achievement Award
- Melissa Becker, the University of Rochester
- Joan Bempong and team, RIT
- Brandon Datko and team, DADCo, RIT
Technology Innovation Award
- Datto Inc.
- Viggi Corp.
Technology Leader Award (sponsored by Superior Group)
- Aaron Newman, CEO and founder, CloudCheckr Inc.
- Jeff Valentine, president, Atlas Connectivity Inc.
- David Wilson, director of infrastructure, Paychex
The awards presentation takes place Sep. 19 at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center from 5 to 9 p.m.
Follow Kerry Feltner on Twitter: @KerryFeltner
(c) 2017 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-363-7269 or email [email protected].