Visit Rochester Inc. starting Thursday is hosting 15 meeting planners and association executives for two days to discuss future meetings and conferences that could be held in the area.
The meeting planners are visiting Rochester as part of a sales familiarization tour designed to help planners understand what Rochester has to offer, Visit Rochester said.
“The meeting planner familiarization trip is an important sales and marketing tool that showcases Rochester’s attributes beyond what other methods can match,” said Deidre Wetelainen, vice president, convention sales and services, for Visit Rochester. “Nothing quite compares to giving meeting planners a first-hand experience and knowledge of a destination. Experiencing the destination first hand and in person has a strong impact on the meeting planners we host.”
Planned stops include the Strong Museum of Play, the George Eastman Museum and Memorial Art Gallery, Rohrbach’s and Next Door by Wegmans.
The guests will be taken to Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center and spend an evening at the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival.
Meeting planners will be representing a variety of organizations including:
- University and College Designers Association,
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials,
- National Hispanic Corporate Council,
- Arrowhead Conference and Events,
- Institute for Traffic Safety Management and Research,
- New York State School Boards Association,
- New York State Turfgrass Association and
- Civil Service Employees Association.
Follow Kerry Feltner on Twitter: @KerryFeltner
(c) 2017 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-363-7269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.