Winners of the 2017 Human Resource Executive of the Year Awards were announced this week at a luncheon at Locust Hill Country Club.
The Rochester Affiliate of the National Human Resource Association recognized six honorees and two winners at the fourth annual event.
Awards were presented to human resource executives from both a small employer and a large employer.
The 2017 winners are:
- Small Employer HR Executive of the Year–Kim Kulik, associate and human resources executive at Passero Associates; and
- Large Employer HR Executive of the Year–Harvey Beldner, vice president of human resources for North American Breweries.
The following honorees were also recognized with awards for their leadership talents:
- Courageous Strategic Leadership–Hope DellaStua, director of human resources management for EFPR Group LLP;
- Innovative Organizational Development–Kulik; and
- Outstanding Business Partnership–Laurie Wiest, vice president of human resources and organizational development at the Summit Federal Credit Union.
- Outstanding Business Partnership–Beldner;
- Values-Based Leadership–Fernan Cepero, chief human resources officer and chief diversity officer at the YMCA; and
- Passionate Service Excellence–Ida Jones, vice president, organizational and workforce development at Starbridge.
The Human Resource Executive of the Year award was created to recognize exceptional leaders in the human resource community who bring innovation, inspiration, and operational excellence to their organizations. Award recipients are chosen based on their success in exhibiting excellence in their field, adhering to professional standards, and their role in positioning human resources as a strategic management partner within their organization.
(c) 2017 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-363-7269 or e-mail email@example.com.