Six local human resources executives were honored Thursday at the annual HR Executive of the Year Awards, sponsored by the Rochester affiliate of the National Human Resource Association. Among them, two received the top honor of HR executive of the year.
Janine Barry, director of human resources, Monroe Plan for Medical Care, was named the Small Employer HR Executive of the Year. Helen Halewski, chief human resources/organizational development officer, Hillside Family of Agencies, took the top honor in the large category.
All six honorees were recognized with awards for their leadership talents:
Large employer group (more than 250 employees):
• “Passionate Service Excellence”: Brayton Connard, human resources director, Monroe County;
• “Outstanding Strategic Leadership”: Halewski of Hillside Family of Agencies;
• “Outstanding Business Partnership”: Alejandro Mendoza, human resources manager, Optimax Systems Inc.
Small employer group (under 250 employees):
• “Exemplary Organizational Development”: Barry of Monroe Plan for Medical Care;
• “Innovative Solutions”: Sarah Fantauzzi, vice president of human resources, RES-Exhibit Services LLC;
• “Passionate Service Excellence”: David Mandrycky, director of human resources, Insero & Co. CPAs.
The award was created to recognize exceptional leaders in the human resources field who bring innovation, inspiration and operational excellence to their organizations, officials said. Recipients were chosen based on success in the field, adherence to professional standards and their role in positioning human resources as a strategic management partner within their organization
The event was held at Monroe Golf Club in Pittsford.
(c) 2016 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.