To determine the companies that belong among the RBJ 75 and to measure their performance in the most recent fiscal year, the Rochester Business Journal conducts a thorough analysis of available data. The methodology is designed to make fair, meaningful comparisons among businesses operating in a wide range of industries.
Following are the definitions of key terms used throughout this special section:
- Annualized total return—Total return, compounded monthly with dividends reinvested, stated on an annual basis.
- Earnings (loss) per share—End of fiscal year, as stated in the annual report.
- NA—Not available or not applicable.
- NM—Not meaningful.
- NR—Not ranked.
- Net income—As stated in the annual report.
- Sales—Net sales as stated in the annual report. For financial institutions, total interest income plus other operating income.
To purchase extra copies of RBJ 75, contact the Rochester Business Journal circulation department at (585) 546-8303 or email@example.com.
4/29/2016 (c) 2016 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.