Seven area colleges and universities have been named to the list of the country’s Top 300 Best College Values of 2016 as ranked by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance.
The schools to make the list, in order of rank are:
- No. 81: SUNY College at Geneseo;
- No. 96: University of Rochester;
- No. 208: Hobart & William Smith Colleges;
- No. 261: Rochester Institute of Technology;
- No. 278: SUNY College at Brockport;
- No. 286: St. John Fisher College; and
- No. 296: Nazareth College.
The publication determined the schools’ value based on academic quality and affordability. Quality criteria include admission rate, the student-faculty ratio and four-year graduation rate. Cost criteria include cost to attend, percentage of financial aid, and average debt student retains at graduation.
The complete rankings will appear in the February edition of Kiplinger’s Personal Finance.
(c) 2015 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.