The Rochester chapter of the American Institute of Architects has announced its list of recipients of the 2013 Design Excellence Awards.
Projects receiving awards—though which awards they will receive have not been disclosed—are as follows:
- The Rochester Public Market Master Plan by PLAN Architectural Studio P.C. and T.Y. Lin International Group;
- The University of Rochester Warner School by Bergmann Associates Inc. in association with SHW Group Inc.;
- BARNagain by In.Site: Architecture LLP;
- DePaul NOTA Apartments by SWBR Architects, Engineering & Landscape Architecture P.C.;
- Gates Volunteer Ambulance by HBT Architects LLP;
- Medaille College by Chaintreuil Jensen Stark Architects LLP;
- The Alternative School for Math and Science by HUNT Engineers, Architects & Land Surveyors P.C.;
- Edge Architecture Office (Interiors) by Edge Architecture PLLC.
The project winners will be announced at the Design Excellence Awards Gala on June 1 at the Memorial Art Gallery.
Winners of individual AIA Rochester honors also were announced.
James Durfee of Mendon is the winner of the 2013 AIA Rochester Medal of Distinction, the highest award conferred upon an outstanding architect by his or her peers. He is a past president of AIA Rochester, serves on the board of the Architectural Foundation of Greater Rochester, and is president of the Memorial Art Gallery Board of Managers.
Jason Streb of Rochester received the Emerging Architect of the Year Award. Streb, an associate employed by Clark Patterson Lee, is also the education director for AIA Rochester and leader of the Explorer program.
Adam Stoker of Rochester is the recipient of the Emerging Architect Creative Excellence Award. He is a master’s degree candidate at Rochester Institute of Technology’s new Master in Sustainable Architecture program, and won the award with his watercolor painting, “Architecture Unveiled.”
AIA Rochester scholarship recipients were announced.
(c) 2013 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.