- Duffy named chairman of leadership council for photonics institute
Robert Duffy, president and CEO of the Rochester Business Alliance Inc., has been appointed chairman of the $600-million Integrated Photonics Institute for Manufacturing Innovation’s Leadership Council.
- Harris' segment here receives $66M in orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment has received $66 million in orders to provide wideband tactical radios and support services to nations in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Constellation Brands stock hits all-time high
Constellation Brands Inc. hit a new all-time high Monday, less than a week after the wine, beer and spirits maker reported stellar second-quarter financial results driven by growth in its beer segment.
- Entrepreneurs to share stories of failure
Digital Rochester Inc.’s Entrepreneurial Special Interest Group is holding its third “The Failure Sessions,” an event Oct. 13 where entrepreneurs will share stories of failure to help others learn from them, officials said.
- New Home Properties owner laying off some staff in Rochester
Home Properties Inc., now a privately held company owned by a global private-equity firm, is making changes to its local workforce, including local layoffs.
- Broadstone Net Lease closes on $123.4 million properties
Broadstone Net Lease, a private real estate investment trust managed by Broadstone Real Estate LLC, continues to grow its national portfolio of triple-net leased properties.
- RIT researcher gets grants to combat cyber attacks
A Rochester Institute of Technology researcher has received two grants, totaling more than $840,000, to help fight against cyber attacks.
- Artist Kentridge donates his works to George Eastman Museum
William Kentridge, an artist and South African activist, has donated his complete set of films, videos and digital works to the George Eastman Museum, officials said Thursday.
Uber, Lyft should operate here, most say|
Nine out of 10 respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say Albany should enact legislation to allow Uber and Lyft to operate in Upstate New York.
The worth of the Finger Lakes plan truly will be demonstrated if it guides the region no matter the outcome of the Upstate Revitalization contest.
Energy Star rebates are sometimes a good idea|
From the standpoint of both consumers and the utility companies, utility rebates are sometimes a good idea.
More From RBJ
- "Voice of the Amerks" Don Stevens is still scoring with his hockey broadcasts.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- As jobs are lost to automation, how should we respond?Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Two Tunisian soldiers killed in clashes with militants (10/12/2015 11:02:54 PM)
- New stabbing near Tel Aviv, civilians detain attacker (10/12/2015 11:01:11 PM)
- Guinea opposition leaders want election scrapped, citing fraud (10/12/2015 10:56:20 PM)
- With Grier suspended, No. 8 Florida will learn about Harris (10/12/2015 10:54:41 PM)
- U.S. firms blur investment picture by going 'lightweight' (10/12/2015 10:54:31 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >