- Wilmot Cancer Institute receives $18.5 million grant
The National Cancer Institute has awarded an $18.5 million grant to the University of Rochester’s Wilmot Cancer Institute, officials said Thursday.
- State reports Rochester region added jobs
Rochester’s economy continued its improvement in August, with an increase in both private-sector and non-farm jobs, the state Department of Labor reported Thursday.
- Area firms named among nation's top workplaces
A trio of local firms have been named among the best small and midsize workplaces in the country.
- Bills game against Chargers sold out, on TV locally
The Buffalo Bills’ game Sunday against San Diego at Ralph Wilson Stadium has sold out and will be televised locally, team officials announced Thursday.
- M&T Bank names chief risk officer
M&T Bank Corp. has named Richard Gold vice chairman and chief risk officer.
- Credit Union opening branch in ER, closing Perinton site
Family First of New York Federal Credit Union said its new branch in East Rochester opens Monday, and its branch in Perinton was slated to close at the end of business Thursday.
- Most WNY business leaders would like to start new business
A vast majority of Western New York business leaders would like to start a new business, a survey from the Western New York Chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization reports.
- County committee votes down tax exemption proposal
A proposal to allow Monroe County legislators to review business property tax exemptions was defeated by the Republican majority in committee Wednesday.
- Berk to step down as URMC CEO to head new research institute
University of Rochester Medical Center CEO Bradford Berk M.D. plans to step down at the end of the year to establish and head a new UR research organization, the Rochester Neurorestorative Institute, officials said Wednesday. Mark Taubman M.D., dean of the School of Medicine and Dentistry, will take over as medical center CEO.
- Developer downsizes plan for port hotel
Revised Port of Rochester designs from Edgewater Resources LLC were unveiled Wednesday. A proposed hotel that would be part of the first phase of the project is three stories shorter—10 floors instead of 13—with a nearly 50 percent reduction from the 96 rooms in the initial proposal unveiled in May.
- Xerox to move some Va. operations to Webster campus
Xerox Corp. will consolidate its sales and technical training functions, moving some of its Virginia operations to Webster.
- Survey finds Rochester workers likely to get raises in '15
Most Rochester-area employers plan to increase employee pay in 2015, a new survey from Rochester Business Alliance Inc. shows.
- New car sales up from year ago
New-car sales in Monroe County last month continued to outpace sales from last year, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association reported.
- Golisano gifts $3.5 million to Niagara Falls hospital
Paychex Inc. founder Thomas Golisano has made a $3.5 million gift to the Niagara Falls Medical Center, the largest gift in the hospital’s history.
- Rochester ranks high for education level
Rochester ranks among the top third of cities nationwide for its education level, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Vuzix unveils upgrades at facility
Vuzix Corp. has upgraded its cleanrooms, tool processing equipment and waveguide manufacturing facility at Brighton Henrietta Town Line Road.
- Firm plans panel discussion at annual meeting near Lake George
Perinton-based IP.com on Thursday will play host to a panel discussion at The Business Council of New York State annual meeting.
Readers pay tribute to the Glazers|
More than 110 readers responded to our call for readers to share their thoughts on Laurence and Jane Glazer—their achievements in business and their impact on the community. See dozens of comments from readers.
Higher education owes the public some answers|
Higher education in 2014 may be getting what it deserves, paying the price of having been a law unto itself for too long.
The Glazers' legacy|
Laurence and Jane Glazer did not steer clear of challenges; they embraced them.
More From RBJ
- Heat intensifies as Roger Goodell and the NFL fumble major issues.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Morality, not a particular moral code, anchors a good society.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Sterling hits two-year high versus euro as Scotland votes (9/18/2014 7:37:14 PM)
- Factbox: Scotland's referendum - how the votes are adding up (9/18/2014 7:28:15 PM)
- Chinese buyers lead charge in iPhone 6 global debut (9/18/2014 7:20:32 PM)
- 2-time Grand Slam winner Li Na retires from tour (9/18/2014 7:11:05 PM)
- Loser to Sen. Thad Cochran files appeal arguments (9/18/2014 7:00:24 PM)