- RF sales down, operating income up; Exelis deal eyed for June
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications business reported a slight drop in third-quarter revenues, but an increase in operating income.
- Earthlink's Q1 loss, revenues better than expected
Atlanta-based Earthlink Holdings Corp.—which has some 500 employees here—reported a net loss of $10.5 million, or 10 cents a share, in the first quarter.
- Regional Primary Care Network gets nearly $1M grant
The Rochester-based Regional Primary Care Network has been awarded nearly $1 million in Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act funding, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services officials said Tuesday.
- Report ranks N.Y. 39th nationally for nurses
New York is not among the friendliest states for the nursing industry, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Golisano invests in Buffalo-based tablet manufacturer Bak USA
Paychex Inc. founder and chairman Thomas Golisano is investing in a Buffalo-based tablet manufacturer—the first of its kind in the United States.
- Gas prices rise again in Rochester area
Gasoline prices in the Rochester area continue to rise and remain stubbornly above national averages, a weekly survey from GasBuddy.com shows.
- Bankruptcy filings in region jump nearly 10 percent
Bucking a more than yearlong trend of declining bankruptcies, the Rochester area saw a nearly double-digit percent hike in filings last month.
- N.Y. ranks 17th for working moms
New York ranks in the top third of states for its friendliness to working moms, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Downtown Rising event set for May 12
Rochester Downtown Development Corp.’s annual Downtown Rising luncheon is slated for May 12 at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
Most favor repeal of federal estate tax|
More than 60 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll favor repeal of the federal estate tax.
The people who are working to rebuild downtown are confident.
Traveling the road to reconciliation and beyond|
For the U.S. and Cuba, it’s time to travel the road not taken for more than 50 years.
More From RBJ
- The Rochester Press-Radio Club event raises money for worthy causes.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- The governor and New York's teachers union go nuclear.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Obama administration approves licenses for Cuba ferry service (5/5/2015 1:56:19 PM)
- Capital murder indictment returned in U.Va. slaying case (5/5/2015 1:51:53 PM)
- Contract battle brewing over $14M Blackbeard 'treasure' (5/5/2015 1:45:07 PM)
- Utah law allows gun owners to use deadly force in many cases (5/5/2015 1:42:05 PM)
- 5 Things to Know About Gen. Joseph Dunford (5/5/2015 1:37:54 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >