- Unshackle Upstate names executive director
Unshackle Upstate has named Greg Biryla as its new executive director.
- Foundation donates $1 million for new UR building
The William and Mildred Levine Foundation is donating $1 million to support construction of a new University of Rochester Medical Center building slated to house a pediatric autism clinic, URMC officials said Monday.
- Gas prices here fall below $3 a gallon
Holiday travelers will pay less at the pump when they fill up this week, as the average price of a gallon of gas has dropped below $3 in Rochester, a survey from GasBuddy.com shows.
- Report: Rochester ranks 66th for singles
Rochester ranks among the top half of cities nationwide for singles, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Paychex stock slips after second quarter tops expectations
Shares of Paychex Inc. stock traded down more than 2 percent Friday afternoon after the company reported second-quarter results that topped Street expectations.
- Ex-Cubs manager named Red Wings manager
A former Chicago Cubs manager has been named manager of the Rochester Red Wings, team officials announced Friday.
- National Grid awards $500,000 to STAMP project
National Grid PLC has awarded $500,000 to the Science and Technology Advanced Manufacturing Park in Alabama, Genesee County.
- Drop in gas price is a positive, most say
More than 80 percent of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents think the impact of falling crude oil and gas prices is positive, and 71 percent say it is good news for their business.
- RF adds another multimillion dollar military order
Harris Corp.’s RF Communications division in Rochester is racking up year-end contract wins.
Plurality rates nation's economy as fair|
Forty-seven percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll rate the state of the U.S. economy today as fair. Thirty-seven percent rate it good. Only 4 percent gave the economy an excellent rating, while 12 percent said it is poor.
Investment in freight railroads is good for all|
Railroads large and small use our systems, which allows us to grow our company and provide jobs in Upstate New York.
For Rochester, selection by Bloomberg Philanthropies for Innovation Teams program is a clear vote of confidence.
More From RBJ
- Doug Marrone deserves to return as Bills head coach next season.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Let's keep gasoline prices above $3 a gallon and put the proceeds into needed infrastructure.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Do heart patients fare better when doctors away? (12/22/2014 12:48:59 PM)
- North Korea has Internet outage hacking may be to blame: U.S. expert (12/22/2014 12:45:46 PM)
- As dust clears, what's next for Sony? (12/22/2014 12:40:37 PM)
- New York mayor will attend funeral of slain police officer (12/22/2014 12:36:16 PM)
- Exclusive: American Apparel takeover offer far too low - source (12/22/2014 12:26:52 PM)