- Monro Muffler posts record results, but misses Street estimates
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported record second-quarter sales and net income, but missed Street expectations.
- Financial Institutions reports jump in net income
Shares of Financial Institutions Inc. climbed nearly 2 percent midday Thursday after the parent of Five Star Bank reported an 18 percent increase in third-quarter net income and beat Wall Street estimates by 2 cents a share.
- Wegmans to open third store in Mass. on Sunday
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. is slated to opening a new store in Burlington, Mass., on Sunday at 7 a.m.
- Profology gets angel investment
Profology Inc., an online community for professionals in higher education, has received a round of funding from angel investor Lawrence Marsh.
- Verizon Wireless to boost employment here by 200
Verizon Wireless—a wholly owned subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc.—is adding more than 200 full-time jobs to the firm’s Henrietta-based call center in the upcoming months, including 75 positions by the end of the year.
- Xerox profit, sales dip in Q3
Xerox Corp.’s stock was down midday after the company reported a drop in third-quarter sales and profit.
- Intrinsiq gets Energy Dept. funding for solar cells
Intrinsiq Materials Inc. is getting $450,000 to develop contacts for solar cells, officials announced Wednesday.
- Chevy picks RIT for carbon emissions reduction campaign
The Rochester Institute of Technology has been selected among 12 colleges and universities to help promote Chevrolet’s Campus Clean Energy Campaign, which seeks to reduce carbon emissions across campuses nationwide.
- Cooperative Extension to relocate offices from Highland Ave.
The offices of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County will be moved to a county-owned building on St. Paul Boulevard in Seneca Park.
- Canal System gets Historic Places registry status
The New York State Canal System will be placed on the National Register of Historic Places, creating more opportunities for tax credits and other resources for economic development, officials announced Wednesday.
Snap Poll: Most think U.S. will avoid Ebola outbreak|
The majority of respondents to the RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll are confident that the U.S. health system will prevent an Ebola outbreak in this country.
Take steps to protect your firm from online fraud|
If you own or operate the finances of a business, you need to be aware of fraud trends and how to protect your assets.
The other obstacle|
No single reason explains the lack of gender parity in upper management
More From RBJ
- The Bills should finally honor coaching legend Lou Saban.Translating the Common Core into tests fuels criticism.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Tunisia forces kills six after standoff with militants outside Tunis: ministry (10/24/2014 3:07:41 AM)
- Botswana votes in poll set to test ruling party dynasty (10/24/2014 3:05:13 AM)
- Nominees for Grammy Awards to be announced Dec. 5 (10/24/2014 3:04:10 AM)
- Algeria's Bouteflika consolidates curbs on state intelligence agency (10/24/2014 3:03:07 AM)
- Ford profit falls in third quarter on truck costs (10/24/2014 3:01:06 AM)