- Monro posts record sales and profit, plans to acquire Fla. stores
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported record sales and net income in the first quarter, as well as a planned acquisition outside its existing footprint.
- Vuzix inks deal with computer giant Lenovo
Vuzix Corp. reported Thursday it has entered into an agreement with Lenovo Group Ltd. to launch the company’s M100 Smart Glasses into China’s markets.
- There's no question who's No. 1: UR
With 25,773 people on its payroll in the six-county area, the University of Rochester is the region's largest non-profit employer—and the No. 1 private-sector employer by a wide margin. UR also added more employees over the last year than any other company on the 2014 RBJ 75.
- MedAmerica Insurance names Naylon as president
MedAmerica Insurance Co. directors have named Bill Naylon as the long-term care insurer’s president, Lifetime Healthcare Cos. Inc. officials said Thursday.
- Trillium Health to offer free hepatitis C screenings Friday
Trillium Health, in partnership with the National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS of Rochester, will offer free hepatitis C screenings Friday afternoon.
- Feds find 9 countries are dumping steel products
Sens. Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand announced Thursday the U.S. Department of Commerce has found companies from nine countries are dumping steel pipe products into the United States.
- UMMC, Clifton Springs Hospital to join Rochester Regional Health
Rochester Regional Health System has inked definitive agreements laying out terms for Batavia’s United Memorial Medical Center and Clifton Springs Hospital and Clinic in Ontario County to join RRHS, officials of the health care organizations said Wednesday.
- Xerox holds employer title among public firms
The Big Three is no more, but one of the trio of iconic Rochester companies—Xerox Corp. —ranks as the region's largest publicly held employer, according to the RBJ 75 special supplement to be published Friday.
- VirtualScopics appoints interim to president, CEO
VirtualScopics Inc.’s board has appointed Eric Converse president and CEO of the medical image analysis firm, effective immediately.
- Dorschel Automotive awarded Alfa Romeo franchise
Dorschel Automotive Group has been awarded one of two Alfa Romeo franchises statewide. Owned by Fiat, Alfa Romeo has not offered franchises in the U.S. in nearly two decades.
- Leaders to discuss 'manufacturing community' designation
United States Assistant Secretary of Commerce Jay Williams will meet with Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren and area manufacturers Thursday to discuss manufacturing initiatives.
Wegmans is most-admired business|
More than half of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll chose Wegmans, one of the area’s largest companies, as the most admired business in the Rochester region.
WNY native's invention brought chill to Rust Belt|
For Buffalo, the irony is obvious: Air conditioning was invented here, and it was the singular invention that stimulated exponential growth in the Sun Belt.
Second to none|
In importance to the Rochester-area economy, non-profits today are second to none.
More From RBJ
- Cooperstown is the repository of baseball's history and soul.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.Can the decision to refuse vaccination be truly "personal"?
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Navy secretary: Cost for newest ship will decline (7/24/2014 8:34:35 PM)
- Cameron says Europe must stand up to Putin (7/24/2014 8:25:24 PM)
- Obama in calls to Rutte, Abbott over MH17 crash site (7/24/2014 8:17:12 PM)
- Japan consumer inflation eases in June as weak yen impact fades (7/24/2014 8:01:08 PM)
- Argentina, hedge funds fail to strike debt deal (7/24/2014 7:46:51 PM)