- Xerox Corp. tops expectations for second-quarter profit
Xerox Corp. reported Friday a drop in second-quarter sales and profit as growth in its commercial services, document outsourcing and international business was offset by continued pressure in its government health care business.
- Monro posts record sales and profit, plans to acquire Fla. stores
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported record sales and net income in the first quarter, as well as a planned acquisition outside its existing footprint.
- Vuzix inks deal with computer giant Lenovo
Vuzix Corp. reported Thursday it has entered into an agreement with Lenovo Group Ltd. to launch the company’s M100 Smart Glasses into China’s markets.
- There's no question who's No. 1: UR
With 25,773 people on its payroll in the six-county area, the University of Rochester is the region's largest non-profit employer—and the No. 1 private-sector employer by a wide margin. UR also added more employees over the last year than any other company on the 2014 RBJ 75.
- MedAmerica Insurance names Naylon as president
MedAmerica Insurance Co. directors have named Bill Naylon as the long-term care insurer’s president, Lifetime Healthcare Cos. Inc. officials said Thursday.
- Trillium Health to offer free hepatitis C screenings Friday
Trillium Health, in partnership with the National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS of Rochester, will offer free hepatitis C screenings Friday afternoon.
- Feds find 9 countries are dumping steel products
Sens. Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand announced Thursday the U.S. Department of Commerce has found companies from nine countries are dumping steel pipe products into the United States.
Wegmans is most-admired business|
More than half of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll chose Wegmans, one of the area’s largest companies, as the most admired business in the Rochester region.
WNY native's invention brought chill to Rust Belt|
For Buffalo, the irony is obvious: Air conditioning was invented here, and it was the singular invention that stimulated exponential growth in the Sun Belt.
Second to none|
In importance to the Rochester-area economy, non-profits today are second to none.
More From RBJ
- Cooperstown is the repository of baseball's history and soul.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.Can the decision to refuse vaccination be truly "personal"?
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Russia says up to 40 mortar shells hit Russian territory on Friday (7/25/2014 5:30:30 AM)
- FIFA rejects calls to strip Russia of World Cup (7/25/2014 5:27:38 AM)
- Molson Coors Brewing CEO to retire at year's end (7/25/2014 5:27:09 AM)
- New EU sanctions to target Russian businesses (7/25/2014 5:26:33 AM)
- Uganda: 9 bodies found after tribal clashes (7/25/2014 5:20:37 AM)