The Daily Record on Thursday presented Excellence in Law awards to 36 attorneys recognized for their service to the community and devotion to their clients.
“This year’s Excellence in Law honorees have proven their tremendous dedication to the legal profession,” said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, publisher of The Daily Record and the Rochester Business Journal. “Their selfless and tireless commitment to their profession and the community is admirable, and The Daily Record is pleased to honor them.”
Awards were presented in three categories during a luncheon attended by some 270 people at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.
Nominations for the awards were received from The Daily Record’s readers and area law firms, bar associations and the legal community at large.
Nominees completed an application that outlined their accomplishments, community involvement and mentoring activities. Here are the winners.
Top Women in Law:
- Melissa Barrett, Seventh Judicial District, Rochester City Court
- Stephanie Caffera, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Jill Cicero, The Cicero Law Firm LLP
- Elizabeth Cordello, Law Offices of Pullano & Farrow PLLC
- Mary Gehl Doyle, New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Fourth Department
- Kimberly Duguay, Monroe County Public Defender’s Office
- Erika Duthiers, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Lenora Foote, New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division, Fourth Department
- Tiffany Lee, United States Attorney’s Office, Western District of New York
- Jennifer Lunsford, Segar & Sciortino, PLLC
- Jacqueline Phipps Polito, Littler Mendelson, P.C.
- Fatimat Reid, Rochester City School District
- Andrea Schillaci, Hurwitz & Fine, P.C.
- Julia Green Sewruk, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Amy Varel, McConville Considine Cooman & Morin P.C.
Unsung Legal Heroes:
- Scott MacPherson, Volunteer Legal Services Project of Monroe County
- Lori O’Brien, Legal Assistance of Western New York, Inc.
Up and Coming Attorneys:
- Joshua Agins, Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP
- Jeffrey Casey, Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP
- Jessica Clemente, Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP
- Anthony Faraco Jr., Monroe County Public Defender’s Office
- Jonathan Ferris, Thomas & Solomon LLP
- Kimberly Harding, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Ryan McDonald, Disability Rights New York
- Nicholas Miraglia, Burgess & Miraglia, P.C.
- Mary Moore, Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC
- Benjamin Mudrick, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Christine O’Connor, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Pamela Reynolds, Littler Mendelson, P.C.
- Michael Scott-Kristansen, Law Offices of Pullano & Farrow PLLC
- Helen Syme, Monroe County Public Defender’s Office
- Eric Tanck, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Stacey Trien, Leclair Korona Vahey Cole LLP
- Daniel Williford, McConville Considine Cooman & Morin P.C.
- Andrea Tompkins Wright, Vaisey Nicholson & Nearpass PLLC
- Robert Yawman, Leclair Korona Vahey Cole LLP.
(c) 2017 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-363-7269 or email email@example.com.