Fifteen financial executives from the business and nonprofit sectors were selected as finalists for the awards, which recognizes contributions to their organizations and the community during the past year. A Lifetime Achievement award recipient also was named this year.
The winners announced Thursday were:
- Small For-Profit: William Pelino, chief financial officer and chief operating officer, Greater Rochester Independent Practice Association;
- Medium For-Profit: Daniel Crist, chief financial officer, SMP;
- Small Non-Profit: Cathy Vail, chief financial officer, Holy Sepulchre Cemetery;
- Medium Non-Profit: Laurie Leo, vice president for finance and chief financial officer, Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary;
- Large Companies: Mark Prunoske, senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer, Thompson Health; and
- Lifetime Achievement: Jerry Hiller, vice president for finance and administration at Keuka College.
The awards luncheon was co-presented by the local chapter of Financial Executives International and the Rochester Business Journal.
The other finalists were:
Small For-Profit: Steve Mowers, chief financial officer and chief operating officer, Claims Recovery Financial Services, and Michael Williams, vice president of finance and chief financial officer, IEC Electronics Corp.
Medium For-Profit: Robert Pepe, chief financial officer, LaBella Associates, and Mitchell Starr, chief financial officer, WorldWide Electric Corp.
Small Nonprofit: Barbara Bennett, director of strategic finance, National MS Society, and Eileen Cavalier, vice president of finance and information technology, East House.
Medium Nonprofit: Lisa Marcello, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, and Mike Perry, senior vice president and chief financial officer, Friendly Senior Living.
Large Companies: Christopher Gorecki, senior vice president of finance, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, and Michael Grover, senior vice president and chief accounting officer, Financial Institutions Inc.
The presenting sponsors of the events are Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., FreedMaxick CPAs P.C., and KeyBank. The supporting sponsors are the Bonadio Group and Harter Secrest & Emery LLP. The underwriting sponsors are Lawley and Software Solutions Group Inc.
(c) 2017 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-363-7269 or email email@example.com.