- URMC, Jones Memorial in Southern Tier weigh formal affiliation
The University of Rochester Medical Center is weighing a formal affiliation with Jones Memorial Hospital in the Southern Tier, URMC officials said Thursday.
- Rochester region sees increase in jobs in November
Rochester’s economy rebounded slightly in November, with an increase in the number of non-farm and private-sector jobs, the state Department of Labor said Thursday.
- RF Communications order tops $50 million
Harris Corp.’s RF Communications division in Rochester has received an order valued at more than $50 million from a nation in the Middle East for its communications’ equipment.
- Windstream reworks plans for REIT
Windstream Holdings Inc. on Thursday announced it will rework its planned real estate investment trust spinoff.
- Report shows decrease in distracted driving here
The Rochester area has seen distracted driving decrease by 20 percent in the past two years, data released by the Ad Council of Rochester shows.
- Wilmorite's casino gets green light from Gaming Facility Location Board
The $425 million Lago Resort & Casino, proposed to be built in Tyre, Seneca County, has been given the green light by the New York Gaming Facility Location Board.
- Cuomo plans to ban fracking in New York
Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration will move to ban hydraulic fracturing for shale gas development in New York.
- State grants $5 million to FLHSA for planning
Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency has won a $5 million state grant, officials said Wednesday.
- Rochester among top third of college communities
Rochester is among the top third of college cities nationwide, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Constellation finalizes joint venture for glass plant in Mexico
Constellation Brands Inc. has finalized its joint venture with Owens-Illinois Inc. and completed the acquisition of Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV’s glass production plant, which is located adjacent to Constellation’s brewery in Nava, Coahuila, Mexico.
- Rochester ranks No. 3 on top communities for volunteering list
Rochester is among the most service-minded communities in America, a report released this week from the Corporation for National and Community Service and the National Conference on Citizenship shows.
- Pittsford gets funding from state for canal projects
The Town of Pittsford has been awarded funds for canal-related projects from the New York State Regional Economic Council, town supervisor William Smith and Pittsford Village Mayor Robert Corby announced Wednesday.
- Funding to benefit area's first peer respite program
East House and the Mental Health Association of Rochester have been awarded $500,000 from the Monroe County Office of Mental Health to establish a peer respite program, the first of its kind in the area.
- Ceremony marks Button Lofts grand opening
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Wednesday to celebrate the grand opening of the Button Lofts’ residences.
Plurality rates nation's economy as fair|
Forty-seven percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll rate the state of the U.S. economy today as fair. Thirty-seven percent rate it good. Only 4 percent gave the economy an excellent rating, while 12 percent said it is poor.
As a leftover, turkey ranks atop the pecking order|
Now turkey takes many forms, with sales year-round.
It's easy to understand why the health of the Great Lakes is critically important. But that vitality has been jeopardized by two centuries of development.
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Doug Marrone deserves to return as Bills head coach next season.
- Improving city schools in Rochester: a steep hill to climb.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- UK households to pay 1 billion pounds for backup power plants in 2018/19 (12/19/2014 12:10:27 AM)
- Jags' Marks caps 21-13 win over Titans with sack (12/18/2014 11:55:16 PM)
- EPA expected to treat coal ash waste like garbage (12/18/2014 11:39:51 PM)
- For US and Cuba, normalcy will take many steps (12/18/2014 11:31:09 PM)
- Hack attack spurs call for more NKorea sanctions (12/18/2014 11:28:57 PM)