- Exelis shareholders approve merger with Harris
Exelis Inc. announced Friday its shareholders approved the merger agreement for the acquisition of Exelis by Harris Corp. during its special meeting of shareholders. The companies expect the merger to close May 29, subject to remaining closing conditions.
- Crime tops downtown living concerns
Roughly 60 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say concerns about crime would dissuade them from moving downtown or remaining a downtown resident.
- Rochester region sees increase in jobs in April
Rochester’s economy continued its upward climb last month, with an increase in both non-farm and private-sector jobs, the state Department of Labor reported Thursday.
- Work to begin Tuesday on Inner Loop bridge
Construction is scheduled to start Tuesday on the $5.9 million project to rehabilitate the bridge that carries the Inner Loop over the Genesee River and Brown’s Raceway.
- UR researchers get grant to develop app for monitoring Ebola
Researchers from the University of Rochester have received a grant to develop an app to track the spread of Ebola and other infectious diseases, officials announced Friday.
- AMA chapter's awards salute marketing talent
The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association held its third annual Pinnacle Awards gala on Thursday evening to recognize the area’s top marketing talent.
- Monro posts record profit, misses expectations
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported record fourth-quarter net income, but missed Street estimates.
- Costco to open store here on June 5
Costco Wholesale Corp. plans to open its first store in the Rochester region on June 5. The opening marks its 18th location in New York and its 477th in the country.
- Five receive 2015 Financial Executive of the Year Award
More than 500 people gathered Thursday to honor five recipients and their fellow finalists of the Financial Executive of the Year Award.
- Certa Cito takes second in Homeland Security competition
Certa Cito LLC has placed second in a competition of the Department of Homeland Security, beating out some 300 registrants and 50 entries. The challenge was to develop a first responder indoor tracking system.
- Tops narrows its first-quarter loss
Tops Holding Corp.—indirect parent of Tops Friendly Markets LLC—narrowed its net loss in its fiscal first quarter to $4.2 million—a 45 percent decrease—compared with a net loss of $7.6 million a year ago.
- Morgan-LeChase acquires 21 acres for Canandaigua project
Morgan-LeChase Development LLC said Thursday it has closed on its acquisition of 21 acres of land across from Kershaw Park in Canandaigua for its Pinnacle North project.
- Genesee unveils new packaging
The Genesee Brew House on Thursday revealed an oversized version of the company’s new packaging with 7,425-square-foot custom sewn curtains wrapped around its three-story tall “beer cans” outside of the brewery on St. Paul Street.
- Medaille College names new president
Kenneth Macur has been named the seventh president of Medaille College, officials announced Thursday. He is to replace Richard Jurasek who announced his retirement late last year.
Most oppose move on minimum wage|
Nearly 70 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll oppose Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s move to increase the minimum wage for fast-food workers in New York.
With the new Golisano Children’s Hospital, local health care has reached a whole new level.
Spread the sad news about Red Wing peanut butter|
The faithful have claimed that Red Wing is so superior it is easily distinguished from the rest of the field. With them, “nearly identical” doesn’t count.
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!In an effort to make the assessments more reliable, we've stepped over some invisible line.
- Recalling the short, heroic life of Maj. Donald HollederHattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Planes searched at NYC airport after unfounded threats (5/25/2015 9:37:03 AM)
- Company lowers worst-case scenario for California oil spill (5/25/2015 9:15:50 AM)
- Faith No More marks return with 1st album in 18 years, tour (5/25/2015 9:09:20 AM)
- Biden reassures Iraqi prime minister after U.S. defense chief remarks (5/25/2015 9:06:46 AM)
- Tornado kills at least 11 in Mexico (5/25/2015 9:00:59 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >