- New RIT center to focus on big data
A new center in Rochester Institute of Technology’s College of Science is dedicated to advancing techniques that transform raw data into useful information, university officials said Thursday.
- Executive director of MCC Foundation to retire
Monroe Community College leaders announced Thursday MCC Foundation executive director is stepping down.
- Bridge over canal in Macedon opens
The Canandaigua Road bridge over the Erie Canal in Macedon, Wayne County, has opened, connecting the residential community and the business district.
- Sites recommended for State, National Registers of Historic Places
An office building on Broad Street, a group of properties on East Main Street and a Genesee County village’s historic district have been recommended for inclusion to the State and National Registers of Historic places.
- Generations Bank completes renovation of Seneca Falls office
Generations Bank is holding an opening event Monday for its flagship office in Seneca Falls after completing a major renovation.
- Paychex's first quarter earnings top analysts' expectations
Paychex Inc. on Wednesday reported fiscal first-quarter net income of $217.4 million, an increase of 4 percent from a year ago.
- New York ranks among worst states for tax climate
New York State is the second worst state to do business because of its taxes, a new report from the Tax Foundation shows.
- Constellation Brands gifts $500,000 to Mercy Flight
Mercy Flight Central Inc. has named a helicopter Constellation Brands | the Sands Family Foundation in thanks for a $500,000 investment from the Sands Family and Constellation Brands Inc.
- Upstate Venture Connect launches poll for CEOs
Upstate Venture Connect, a nonprofit that focuses on creating an entrepreneur-led startup ecosystem for Upstate New York, has launched the inaugural CEO Survey of Upstate NY tech companies, officials announced Wednesday.
- Officials mark opening of Eastman Gardens
Home Leasing LLC and New York State Homes and Community Renewal joined elected officials Wednesday to celebrate the opening of Eastman Gardens Senior Housing Community, a $20.7 million project in Rochester’s Marketview Heights neighborhood.
- UR unveils renovated Fredrick Douglass Building
The University of Rochester marked the opening this week of a newly renovated Fredrick Douglass Building.
- Vuzix takes one step closer to rollout of M300 Smart Glasses
Vuzix Corp. has begun shipping its initial design validation test units of its M300 Smart Glasses—the final step before production rollout, the company announced Wednesday.
- Trade group honors area bike shop
Tryon Bike LLC has been named one of America’s Best Bike Shops for 2016 for the third time by the National Bicycle Dealers Association, officials said. Fewer than 3 percent of bike shops in America receive the honor.
- RIT holds annual fall career fair
Rochester Institute of Technology played host to hundreds of employers and recruiters Wednesday as more than 4,000 students were invited to attend its annual fall career fair.
Majority opposes Kaepernick's protest|
Three out of four respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll do not support San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s refusal to stand for the national anthem, which he says is a protest against racial oppression.
A moat no more|
Even skeptics should have a much clearer idea of the potential of filling in a portion of the Inner Loop.
Is it all about you or all about them?|
People are motivated by challenges, ownership, shared identity and pride in the end result.
More From RBJ
- Arnold Palmer always went for broke. Sometimes it resulted in memorable charges during the final rounds.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Who's No. 1? You really can't tell from most rankings.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Obama flies to Israel for Shimon Peres memorial service (9/29/2016 8:51:03 PM)
- Duterte 'happy to slaughter' drug suspects mentions Hitler (9/29/2016 8:19:56 PM)
- Asia stocks slip as Deutsche sours mood, oil pulls back (9/29/2016 8:11:02 PM)
- Three Chinese fishermen killed in confrontation with South Korea coastguard (9/29/2016 7:57:22 PM)
- Watt has back surgery, expected to miss rest of season (9/29/2016 7:54:11 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >