- Upgrade to Bausch & Lomb complex gets boost from RG&E
A planned $200 million upgrade of Bausch & Lomb’s Rochester manufacturing complex on Tuesday got a nearly $1 million boost from Rochester Gas and Electric Corp.
- URMC wellness center to kick off partnership with YMCA
The University of Rochester Medical Center and the Greater Rochester YMCA this week are officially kicking off what the organizations believe to be a first-of-its-kind collaboration for this area with URMC’s move into 6,000 square feet of the Eastside Family YMCA’s new 20,000 square foot addition.
- Batavia builder to work on MCC's downtown campus
Manning Squires Hennig Co. Inc. has been selected as the general trades and interior construction contractor for the Monroe Community College Downtown Campus, officials said Tuesday.
- UR Medical Faculty Group taps financial expert
The University of Rochester Medical Faculty Group has named Daniel Cavallo as its senior financial director, officials announced Tuesday.
- Bills training camp kicks off Friday at St. John Fisher
The 16th annual Buffalo Bills Training Camp starts with the first practice at 9 a.m. Friday at St. John Fisher College.
- Vuzix's eyewear available in safety-glass format
Vuzix Corp. Tuesday said its Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses product is now available in a prescription-capable, safety-glass format.
- Biden announces photonics institute
Vice President Joe Biden came to Rochester Monday to announce a more than $600 million new photonics institute—the American Institute for Manufacturing Integrated Photonics—that will be launched over the next five years.
- Bills president Brandon named president of Sabres
Buffalo Bills president Russ Brandon is now president and alternate governor of the Buffalo Sabres, officials said Monday. He continues as managing partner and president of the Bills.
- Golisano Foundation gives $25 million to Special Olympics
The Golisano Foundation has committed $25 million to Special Olympics. It marks the largest single private gift in the Special Olympics organization's 47-year history.
Readers weigh in on U.S.-Cuba relations|
Three out of four respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll approve of President Barack Obama’s decision to restore diplomatic relations with Cuba.
The third way|
How to plug New York’s glaring “LLC loophole”? Let’s count the ways.
In the community's interest, put politics and turf aside|
Our community must shed its political, geographic and demographic divisions and truly operate as one team to create the new Rochester.
More From RBJ
- Van Miller, the longtime Voice of the Bills, died over the weekend. Read Scott's 2014 tribute to Miller.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- The newly appointed state Education Commissioner has a big job ahead.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Fed is likely to delay 1st rate hike in 9 years a bit longer (7/28/2015 8:32:57 PM)
- Run-in with reporter triggered Mexico coach Herrera's ouster (7/28/2015 8:05:40 PM)
- Symbol of dictatorship abuse, Chilean sees justice coming (7/28/2015 8:03:23 PM)
- LeMahieu helps Rockies win 1st game after Tulowitzki trade (7/28/2015 7:46:05 PM)
- Chiefs' Berry cleared to return after lymphoma treatments (7/28/2015 7:17:57 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >