- Butler Evergreen secures permits for medical marijuana facility
Local medical marijuana hopeful Butler Evergreen LLC has secured permits needed to put a medical marijuana facility in the 80,000-square-foot building where it hopes to set up shop, officials said Tuesday.
- Hilton Garden Inn at College Town opens
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center opened at College Town Tuesday, the hotel chain said.
- New Gannett shares drop slightly after spinoff
Gannett Co. Inc.’s stock slid again Tuesday, one day after its official spinoff from Tegna Inc.
- Xerox's Health Enterprise receives first certification in N.H.
Xerox Corp.’s Health Enterprise platform, a Medicaid management information system, has received full federal certification in New Hampshire.
- Hamlin bridge begins $1.1 million rehabilitation
A $1.1 million construction project is underway to rehabilitate the Route 19 bridge in Hamlin, the state Department of Transportation announced.
- Excel Machines donates equipment to FLCC program
A local distributor of advanced machine tools has donated equipment worth $82,500 for use in the Finger Lakes Community College advanced manufacturing machinist training program at ITT Goulds Pumps Inc. in Seneca Falls.
- Abundance Cooperative Market marks relocation to South Wedge
Rochester’s Abundance Cooperative Market Tuesday celebrated the opening of its new location in the South Wedge.
- RGRTA to increase public transit in busy area
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority is increasing public transit in one of its busiest areas and is inviting the community to an information session to discuss the changes on Wednesday.
- Digital Rochester calls for GREAT Awards nominations
Digital Rochester Inc. is requesting nominations for its fifth annual Greater Rochester Excellence and Achievement in Technology Awards, which honor the area’s top companies or individuals who contribute to technology and innovation growth in Rochester.
- URMC gets $4M grant to create program for deaf, hard-of-hearing
The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry has received nearly $4 million for a program that would serve as a national model to educate post-doctoral students who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, university officials said.
- Gates restaurateur to pay $308,000 in tax-evasion settlement
Gates restaurateur Konstantinos Votsis has agreed to pay $308,000 to settle federal tax evasion charges.
- VisualDx marks downtown presence with celebration
VisualDx Inc. has moved its offices to the Valley Building on East Avenue—the onetime home of Valley Cadillac.
- Sunshine Campus opens treehouse for kids with special needs
Rochester Rotary Club, a Rotary International affiliate that owns and operates the Sunshine Campus, on Monday opened a new, fully accessible treehouse for children with paralysis and other physical challenges.
Economy and jobs are top election issue|
Nearly 80 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say the issue of the economy and jobs is very important to them in deciding whom to support in the upcoming race for the White House.
The trade rules|
Fast-track negotiating authority should be a non-issue.
How to minimize the risk of religious-bias claims|
How can an employer prevent a claim of religious discrimination from an applicant who never even asked for a religion-based accommodation?
More From RBJ
- It's going to be fun watching golf phenom Jordan Spieth's career unfold.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- In an effort to make the assessments more reliable, we've stepped over some invisible line.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Trying to make hitting skid disappear, Maddon hires magician (6/30/2015 3:44:52 PM)
- Daytona offers American flags in exchange program (6/30/2015 3:18:51 PM)
- Cuba to receive note from Obama on restoring diplomatic ties (6/30/2015 3:12:36 PM)
- Jennifer Garner, Ben Affleck say they're getting divorce (6/30/2015 3:08:14 PM)
- Misty Copeland, celebrity ballerina, breaks race ceiling (6/30/2015 3:03:34 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >