- RIT to be home of a new state Center for Advanced Technology
A new center for advanced technology in additive manufacturing and functional printing will be housed at Rochester Institute of Technology, officials announced Monday. The state will award $921,000 a year for the next 10 years to fund it.
- Highland doctor leads national project to improve care for seniors
A program at Highland Hospital catering to older adults hospitalized with hip fractures is slated to expand to hospitals across the nation, hospital officials said Monday.
- Work begins on East End Garage
Construction began Monday on the East End Garage. The work is expected to have an impact on parking for roughly two months.
- UR researcher gets pair of grants
Two grants totaling $430,000 for a researcher at the University of Rochester are designed to help in national defense efforts as well as energy reduction costs, Rep. Louise Slaughter announced Monday.
- Report shows commuters here waste 39 hours a year
Rochesterians spend 39 hours a year sitting in traffic and waste 20 gallons of gas doing it, a new report from Texas A&M Transportation Institute and INRIX Inc. shows.
- Xerox launches new brand strategy
Xerox Corp. has launched a new brand strategy that focuses on making work easier to navigate.
- Home Properties sets meeting for deal approval
Home Properties Inc. plans to hold a special meeting of stockholders in October asking for approval to be acquired by a global private-equity firm.
- Snap Poll: Rochester airport gets fair grades
Nearly 90 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll frequently use Greater Rochester International Airport for business travel and the plurality gave the airport a fair grade for airfare costs and number of daily flights to destinations of choice.
- Trillium Health, MOCHA Center merge
Trillium Health Inc.’s board of directors announced Friday it is merging with the MOCHA Center Inc.
- Envision Graphics opens its new location
Envision Graphics Inc. is holding an opening event until 7 p.m. today at its new location at 2340 Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road.
- Program to help some customers lower AC costs
New York State Electric and Gas Corp. and Rochester Gas and Electric Corp., subsidiaries of Iberdrola USA Inc., launched a program to help residential and business customers manage their air-conditioning costs.
Snap Poll: Most readers support pay-ratio disclosure|
Nearly 70 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll approve of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s new rule requiring public companies to disclose the ratio of CEO compensation to median worker pay.
The new regs|
It’s not easy to find examples of bipartisanship in Washington, but the Jumpstart Our Business Startups or JOBS Act surely was one of them.
Blink twice, and this month is already gone|
August is the fastest month of the year. It annually arrives following a somewhat lackadaisical July.
More From RBJ
- Here's a look at some sports traditions that resonate.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Uncritical faith leads to irrational policy. Consider Republicans' faith in tax cuts.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- People who lack sleep are more likely to catch colds (8/31/2015 1:31:46 PM)
- Q&A about decision to change Mount McKinley to Mount Denali (8/31/2015 1:30:58 PM)
- Obama takes climate drive to Alaska (8/31/2015 1:28:05 PM)
- Supremacist convicted of killing 3 at Kansas Jewish sites (8/31/2015 1:26:51 PM)
- Sex registry questioned after prep school grad's conviction (8/31/2015 1:20:58 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >