- Founding Executive Director Kremer to leave Rochester RHIO
The Rochester Regional Health Information Organization has begun a national search for a new executive director, following the pending departure of longtime leader Ted Kremer.
- Simon Business School cuts tuition by 13%
The Simon Business School at the University of Rochester is reducing tuition for its full-time MBA program by more than 13 percent, school leaders announced this week. Total tuition for the full-time two-year MBA program will drop from $106,440 to $92,000, effective for students entering in fall 2016.
- City seeks developer for Midtown parcel
The city of Rochester is looking for developers to fill out the Parcel 2 site at the Midtown Rising site.
- $20M state grant to aid area mobile treatment teams
Rochester-area mobile teams treating those with mental illnesses will be sharing part of a $20 million state grant to improve services.
- DOT to create lot in Ontario County to boost carpooling
Construction is to begin next week on a project to build a new park-and-ride lot on Route 14 in Phelps, Ontario County.
- Geva's executive director leaves to join Rhode Island theater
Thomas Parrish, executive director of Geva Theatre Center Inc., has resigned from his post to lead the state theater of Rhode Island, officials said. Parrish will become executive director of Tony Award-winning Trinity Repertory Company.
- URMC secures $6 million for study on slowing early Parkinson's
The University of Rochester Medical Center will receive $6 million for a clinical study on slowing early Parkinson’s disease.
- Constellation Brands raises $1M for cancer foundation
Constellation Brands Inc. has raised $1 million for the V Foundation for Cancer. It is the single largest contribution made by the wine, beer and spirits maker to the organization.
- Anti-Poverty Initiative gets $600,000 boost
The Rochester-Monroe Anti-Poverty Initiative is getting a nearly $600,000 boost in the form of a federal grant to support its work in addressing the region’s widespread poverty.
- College presidents join Slaughter to reauthorize Perkins loans
Rep. Louise Slaughter and several local college and university presidents have called on Congress to reauthorize a federal student loan program set to expire on Sept. 30.
- MCC program receives Ford Fusion from car dealers
Monroe Community College’s automotive technology program has received a 2013 Ford Fusion from the Rochester-Area Ford Dealers as part of the Ford Future Techs program.
- Rochester drivers are less careful than last year
Drivers in Rochester are less careful than they were a year ago, a new report from Allstate Insurance Co. shows.
Half think market will rise over year|
Fifty percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll predict the stock market is headed for a rise over the next 12 months. Of those, 14 percent see a double-digit rise. Nearly a quarter of respondents say the market will be flat.
The big disconnect?|
Just how connected are Wall Street and Main Street, anyway?
Are we all socialists now? It's a fair question|
If there’s public money to be had, it seems, the private sector is happy to take it.
More From RBJ
- In a surprising move, Fred Jackson was cut on Monday. Fred-Ex became an Ex-Bill.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Uncritical faith leads to irrational policy. Consider Republicans' faith in tax cuts.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- German police say five people hurt in fire at refugee shelter (9/3/2015 6:53:34 PM)
- Police: Gunman kills 1, wounds 2 at Sacramento college (9/3/2015 6:41:12 PM)
- Trump accuses talk-show radio host of 'gotcha' question (9/3/2015 6:32:27 PM)
- Biden says cannot say yet whether he will mount White House run (9/3/2015 6:11:05 PM)
- Jeb Bush rejects Trump demand that everyone speak English in U.S (9/3/2015 5:59:43 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >