- Windstream to cut 50 positions
here in EarthLink merger
Windstream Holdings Inc. made some major staffing changes in connection to the upcoming closing of its $1.1 billion merger with Atlanta-based EarthLink Holdings Corp., officials announced Friday.
- Most readers oppose Wegmans boycott
A large majority of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll oppose calls to boycott Wegmans Food Markets Inc. for selling Trump Winery products in some of its stores.
- Slaughter tours new intermodal station
Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, toured Rochester’s new intermodal station this week, touting its progress since work began to transform the facility in October 2014.
- Vuzix signs deal with Toshiba unit
Vuzix Corp. has signed an agreement with Tokyo-based Toshiba Client Solutions Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corp., to build a pair of smart glasses.
- Walsh Duffield insurance agencies to move to armory
The recent consolidation of several Rochester-area insurance agencies under the banner of the Walsh Duffield Cos Inc. goes the next step as all Rochester operations plan a move to the Culver Road Armory.
- J.C. Penney announces store closings
J.C. Penney Co. Inc. will close 130-140 stores in the next few months as part of a strategy to return the firm to profitability, officials announced Friday.
- Radio Social appoints head chef
Radio Social has appointed Steven Eakins, a Rochester native, as head chef of its in-house restaurant, He will transition to the role in March.
- Local chamber names new executive director
A former marketing and circulation executive has been tapped to lead the Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce.
- Hickey Freeman to add 50 jobs to factory here
Hickey Freeman Tailored Clothing Inc. will add 50 jobs to its Rochester factory to support a new clothing line for Trunk Club Inc., a Nordstrom Inc.-owned clothing service, U.S. Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, announced Thursday.
- Napier an honoree for Trailblazer Moms award
She Runs It, a New York City-based nonprofit that focuses on women leadership, has named Sharon Napier, CEO of Partners + Napier Inc., one of five honorees up for the 2017 Trailblazer Working Mothers of the Year, officials announced this week.
- RIT students in video game building event
Starting Thursday, five Rochester Institute of Technology graduate students from the university’s game design and development program are participating in a 52-hour video game building event. The “Train Jam” event takes place on an Amtrak train from Chicago to California.
Snap Poll: Readers divided on millionaires' tax|
Readers are narrowly divided on whether New York’s so-called “millionaires’ tax” should be allowed to expire this year.
The notion that New York’s high earners will simply stay and pay does not hold up under scrutiny.
Can Trump bring back U.S. manufacturing jobs?|
Trying to recreate the U.S. manufacturing sector of the 1950s and 1960s would be difficult and costly.
More From RBJ
- Sports and Hollywood are an interesting double-play combo.The village of Cherry Creek recently voted to dissolve. Its residents and local officials should be applauded.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus hands-on: The Moto G just went premium (2/26/2017 6:45:45 AM)
- Yes, Le Pen could win in France (2/26/2017 6:32:44 AM)
- 'Ring of fire' solar eclipse will blaze across the Southern Hemisphere (2/26/2017 3:27:06 AM)
- Iran's Rouhani chides critics as aide says he will seek re-election (2/26/2017 3:14:21 AM)
- LG G6 hands-on: 42 days at the top (2/26/2017 3:00:59 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >