- Former Simon School dean named Alfred University president
Alfred University on Thursday announced the appointment of its new president. Mark Zupan, former dean of the Simon Business School at the University of Rochester, will become the 14th president of the Southern Tier university effective July 1, officials said.
- Ultralife shares fall after declines in Q4 profit, sales
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a drop in fourth-quarter profit and revenue, due, in part, to lower sales in its communications systems segment.
- N.Y. to get $150 million from settlement with Morgan Stanley
New York will see $150 million in cash as part of its share of a $3.2 billion settlement reached between the state, Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc., the federal government and other states, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Thursday.
- Salvatore's Pizza introduces Speedy Slice location
Fantauzzo Family Brands Inc.’s Salvatore’s Pizza has introduced Speedy Slice, a fast casual concept that will serve customers in fewer than five minutes, officials said Wednesday.
- Eastman Museum launches exhibition through Google institute
In celebration of Black History month, the George Eastman Museum has launched an exhibition through the Google Cultural Institute that gives access to the Rochester collection to viewers around the world.
- Cuomo opposes acquisition of First Niagara by Key Bank
The proposed acquisition of First Niagara Financial Group Inc., the holding company for First Niagara Bank, by KeyCorp has a new and powerful opponent. On Wednesday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo released a statement requesting that federal officials block the proposed merger.
- Broadstone buys Va. building leased by Wegmans
Broadstone Net Lease Inc., a private real estate investment trust managed by Broadstone Real Estate LLC, has acquired a property in Sterling, Va. tenanted by Wegmans Food Markets Inc. in a $27 million deal.
- Monroe County among top counties in N.Y. for solar jobs
Monroe County is among the top 10 counties statewide for its number of solar jobs, a new report from the Solar Foundation shows, and New York State ranks fourth in the country.
- Ohio man sentenced to jail for email scam of Dansville lawyer
An Ohio man convicted of stealing nearly $250,000 in an email spoofing scheme that temporarily fooled a local lawyer drew a 46-month prison term in a Rochester U.S. District Court last week.
- Lawmakers call for Rochester Craft Beverage Trail
Legislation was brought forward Tuesday to designate a Rochester Craft Beverage Trail along portions of the state and local highway system. The legislation was brought forth by Assembly Majority Leader Joseph Morelle, D-Irondequoit, and Sen. Rich Funke, R-Perinton.
Most oppose Citizens United decision|
Six years after Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, most respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll—nearly 85 percent—oppose the high court ruling.
Words and action|
Good leaders do more than listen; they act upon sound advice.
We need a national cybersecurity policy|
Unfortunately, we are still without a clear cybersecurity standard that organizations can rely upon to show that their cybersecurity efforts are reasonable.
More From RBJ
- Shortly after Jason McElwain inspired the world, he formed a special bond with Peyton Manning.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Terrorism is real and frightening, yet we can control our response to events and must not overreact.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- In show of financial strength, Deutsche Bank buys back debt (2/12/2016 5:01:32 AM)
- U.S. import prices fall on petroleum slide, strong dollar (2/12/2016 4:43:41 AM)
- US retail sales rise as consumers shrug off stock price drop (2/12/2016 4:42:27 AM)
- Deutsche Bank to buy back 4.8 bn euros in bonds (2/12/2016 4:41:25 AM)
- Police: Witnesses' quick info helped find machete attacker (2/12/2016 4:40:01 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >