- Wegmans makes Fortune best companies list for 18th year
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has been named No. 7 on Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list. It marks the chain’s 18th consecutive year on the list.
- Health care firm paying $900,000 in settlement
The company that manages MVP Health Care’s behavioral health claims has agreed to pay $900,000 and reform its claim-review practices, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Thursday.
- Local financial advisers ranked on Barron's list
A pair of local financial advisers is being honored for their achievement with placement on the Barron’s list of America’s Top 1,200 Advisors: 2015 State-by-State.
- Woman sentenced to jail for theft at senior-living facility
A Wayne County woman who stole nearly $12,000 from three residents of the Wayne County senior-living facility she used to work for will serve six months in jail under a so-called shock-probation sentence, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Thursday.
- Vargas files claim against school board over firing powers
Rochester City School District Superintendent Bolgen Vargas is taking legal action against the district’s board of education after the board voted to strip some firing powers.
- Torvec reports net loss, to focus on WAM Watch
Torvec Inc. continued to report losses in revenue and earnings in 2014 and has narrowed its development focus to two products, documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission show.
- ClearCove, Precision Optical join START-UP NY
Rochester Institute of Technology and SUNY College at Brockport will sponsor a pair of businesses that will participate in the Start-Up NY program.
- Cuomo visits Rochester to promote minimum raise hike
Gov. Andrew Cuomo rallied in Rochester Wednesday with labor and community leaders for support of his proposal to raise the minimum wage.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension names new interim leader
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County has announced a change in leadership.
- Poll: 9 out of 10 NYers use cell phones
Over a quarter of Upstate New York homes no longer have landlines, and 90 percent of New Yorkers are now using cell-phones, a Siena Research Institute poll released today shows.
- Thomson Reuters enters agreement regarding same-sex benefits
Thomson Reuters Corp. has agreed to change the way it calculates taxes owed by employees married to same-sex partners.
- Report touts benefits of working from home
Workers in New York State could save nearly $12,000 a year by working from home, a new report from WalletHub shows.
Majority favors part-time Legislature|
Following the arrest of former Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, some Albany lawmakers and others have said it is time to switch to a full-time Legislature with higher base pay and a limit or ban on outside income. Nearly two-thirds of respondents to the RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll still favor a part-time Legislature.
Credit ratings are report cards on city|
Rochester has followed conservative borrowing practices that are about as close to pay-as-you-go as possible.
The wrong remedy|
Is a full-time state Legislature an idea whose time has come?
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Syracuse University is national champ at drawing fans.
- While voters may disapprove of "Obamacare," it's a good bet that they'll want their subsidies to continue.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Police: Professor had given ex-convict $37K before killing (3/6/2015 8:27:17 AM)
- Documentary filmmaker Albert Mayles dies at 88 (3/6/2015 8:23:52 AM)
- SAfrican president's children stable after car accident (3/6/2015 8:20:20 AM)
- Greeks still hope for change despite government's stumble (3/6/2015 8:17:47 AM)
- Witness: Aaron Hernandez DNA matched butt at crime scene (3/6/2015 8:17:16 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >