- Verizon Wireless to boost employment here by 200
Verizon Wireless—a wholly owned subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc.—is adding more than 200 full-time jobs to the firm’s Henrietta-based call center in the upcoming months, including 75 positions by the end of the year.
- Xerox profit, sales dip in Q3
Xerox Corp.’s stock was down midday after the company reported a drop in third-quarter sales and profit.
- Intrinsiq gets Energy Dept. funding for solar cells
Intrinsiq Materials Inc. is getting $450,000 to develop contacts for solar cells, officials announced Wednesday.
- Chevy picks RIT for carbon emissions reduction campaign
The Rochester Institute of Technology has been selected among 12 colleges and universities to help promote Chevrolet’s Campus Clean Energy Campaign, which seeks to reduce carbon emissions across campuses nationwide.
- Cooperative Extension to relocate offices from Highland Ave.
The offices of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County will be moved to a county-owned building on St. Paul Boulevard in Seneca Park.
- Canal System gets Historic Places registry status
The New York State Canal System will be placed on the National Register of Historic Places, creating more opportunities for tax credits and other resources for economic development, officials announced Wednesday.
- JML Optical acquires operating assets of California firm
JML Optical Industries LLC has acquired the operating assets of Harold Johnson Optical Laboratories Inc., the local firm said Tuesday.
- URMC spinoff targets creation of 132 jobs
A University of Rochester Medical Center spinoff is one of 17 businesses across the state participating in the new initiative creating tax-free areas around colleges and universities
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for High Falls project
A local real estate entity was approved Tuesday for incentives totaling $60,792 to redevelop the Center at High Falls into mixed use at a cost of $1.57 million.
- Rochester region's unemployment rate drops to 5.5%
Rochester’s economy continued to improve in September, with a decline in the jobless rate, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- Warren wants details on the firing of RHA head
Mayor Lovely Warren wants specifics regarding the Rochester Housing Authority’s decision to fire Alexander Castro as executive director, she states in a letter released Tuesday. The authority’s board voted to dismiss Castro at its Oct. 14 meeting.
- Software giant SAP creates apps for Vuzix glasses
Vuzix Corp. announced SAP SE—an industry giant in backend enterprise, analytics and cloud system software—has released two applications for video eyewear company’s M100 Smart Glasses for enterprise markets.
Snap Poll: Most think U.S. will avoid Ebola outbreak|
The majority of respondents to the RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll are confident that the U.S. health system will prevent an Ebola outbreak in this country.
Take steps to protect your firm from online fraud|
If you own or operate the finances of a business, you need to be aware of fraud trends and how to protect your assets.
The other obstacle|
No single reason explains the lack of gender parity in upper management
More From RBJ
- Octogenarian Johnny Antonelli reflects on his October glory from 60 years ago.Translating the Common Core into tests fuels criticism.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Attorney says Kings' Voynov didn't hit girlfriend (10/22/2014 6:14:09 PM)
- US stores hire big with high hopes for holiday shopping (10/22/2014 5:56:27 PM)
- Family: Doctors don't detect Ebola in nurse's body (10/22/2014 5:56:16 PM)
- US urgent air bag warning affects 7.8 mn cars (10/22/2014 5:55:20 PM)
- AP source: Goodell told to testify in Rice appeal (10/22/2014 5:44:36 PM)