- Monro Muffler profit declines in first quarter but tops expectations
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported a slight increase in fiscal first-quarter sales, but a decline in net income.
- Rochester Regional Health acquires urgent care centers
Rochester Regional Health has acquired Rochester Immediate Care urgent care centers, RRH officials said Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
- Ultralife posts smaller profit, higher sales
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a drop in second-quarter net income, while its sales increased, helped by its communications systems’ segment.
- Rochester ranks in top third for fewest vehicle thefts
Rochester ranks among the top third of the nation’s 380 metro areas for its vehicle thefts, a report from the National Insurance Crime Bureau shows. Because the rankings are based on the number of thefts per 100,000 residents, the higher the rank number, the safer the metro area.
- Report on best-run cities ranks Rochester at No. 122
Rochester ranks among the bottom third of the nation’s largest 150 cities for how it is being run, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Transcat achieves record Q1 revenue
Transcat Inc. reported record revenue of $33.1 million, up 12 percent from the same period a year ago in its fiscal first quarter. The firm posted net income of $834,000 or 12 cents a share.
- Net income rises in Q2 at Financial Institutions
Financial Institutions Inc. reported net income of $6.8 million in the second quarter, up from $6.2 million for the same period last year.
- URMC residency program to receive $300k over four years
The University of Rochester Medical Center has been tapped as one of eight academic medical centers to lead a four-year, nationwide effort to improve residency training for doctors, URMC officials said this week.
- Mann's Jewelers closes Eastview store
Mann’s Jewelers will reduce its retail operations to one location at 2945 Monroe Avenue, officials announced Wednesday. The move to Monroe Avenue is anticipated to be complete by mid-August.
- Small Business Council launches school supply drive
The Small Business Council of Rochester is working to ensure local students are prepared for school this fall by urging area business to donate school supplies.
Pull the plug on Start-Up NY, most say|
Does the Start-Up NY program deserve more time to prove its worth? The majority of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say no.
Labor force shift|
A lower participation rate could be a real obstacle to faster growth, if employers can’t find the people they need.
Memories of first love still fuel passion|
Ardent feelings sometimes develop between the owner and the automobile, the man and the machine.
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.The list of problems plaguing the Olympics is longer than a marathon.
- Why has Start-Up NY produced so few jobs? Here are some reasons.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Drug-tainted US sprinters lead Rio challenge (7/28/2016 5:29:21 PM)
- NOAA: Drone technology aids whale research off Hawaii (7/28/2016 5:05:36 PM)
- Terror attack play scratched after victim families object (7/28/2016 4:35:22 PM)
- Like riding a bike: Rams veterans roll up to training camp (7/28/2016 4:33:24 PM)
- Re-signed Fitzpatrick welcomed back by happy Jets teammates (7/28/2016 4:27:00 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >