- Crosman approved as foreign trade subzone, may add jobs
Bloomfield-based Crosman Corp. has received federal approval for a foreign trade subzone; a move that could result in additional jobs.
- Pittsford firm among nation's top independent advisers
LVW Advisors LLC in Pittsford is ranked 26th, up 49 spots from last year, on Barron’s list of the Top 100 independent financial advisers.
- Tops parent narrows net loss in second quarter
Tops Holding II Corp., indirect parent company of Tops Friendly Markets LLC, narrowed its net loss in the second quarter, though net sales dropped roughly 1 percent.
- Rochester ranks poorly on safe cities for drivers list
Rochester has been named one of the least safe cities for driving among the nation’s largest 200 cities, a study from Allstate Insurance Co. reports.
- Field & Stream seeks workers for new Marketplace store
American Sports Licensing Inc.’s Field & Stream is hiring for its location in the Marketplace Mall.
- Farm breweries see giant boost since 2013 law passed
Farm-based manufacturing of alcoholic beverages in New York has doubled since 2011, and the total number of manufacturers has grown 105 percent, officials say.
- Wegmans partners with seafood coalition
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. is partnering with the Gulf Seafood Marketing Coalition to provide customers with fresh seafood from the waters of the Gulf of Mexico through Sept. 6.
- New York ranks at top of list for women's earning equality
New York State ranks second nationwide in women’s earnings equality, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Paychex honored by Forbes for innovation
Paychex Inc. has been named to Forbes Magazine’s list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies.
- Institute for Sustainability project honored for design
An area educational facility, and some of the firms that worked on its creation, received national kudos.
Is Rochester friendly to small business?|
RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents give mostly passing grades to the Rochester region for its friendliness to small business and for the ease of launching a small business here.
Majority picks Pegulas for next Bills owner|
As the process to sell the Buffalo Bills moves into its next phase, speculation about bidders for the NFL franchise continues to mount. More than half of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents say Terry and Kim Pegula are their No. 1 pick for next owner of the Buffalo Bills.
What if the “skills gap” truly does not exist?
More From RBJ
- Here's some free advice on how to put new life in baseball.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Morality, not a particular moral code, anchors a good society.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Landmarks to light up for cancer telethon (8/27/2014 8:40:35 AM)
- McDonnell daughter testifies on parents' marriage (8/27/2014 8:35:13 AM)
- Deadline passed, no sign of breakthrough in Iran nuclear probe (8/27/2014 8:30:49 AM)
- Clippers sign Doc Rivers to contract extension (8/27/2014 8:30:26 AM)
- SEC adopts rules on loan-backed securities (8/27/2014 8:19:28 AM)