- Carestream inks contract with Johns Hopkins for picture archiving system
Carestream Health Inc. scored a contract to supply the Johns Hopkins Health System with a picture archiving system.
- Gannett Q1 net profit falls 43 percent
Gannett Co. Inc., parent of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle Media Group and USA Today newspapers, saw its net profit fall by 43 percent in the first quarter. The dip was attributable to recent acquisition of Belo Corp.
- Auto dealer pleads guilty to fraud
A former auto dealer who used the same vehicles to obtain financing from two different lenders has pled guilty to wire fraud.
- Community Bank parent Q1 profit up nearly 10 percent
The parent of Community Bank N.A. in the Rochester market reported a 9.5 percent increase in quarterly profits, beating Wall Street estimates by 2 cents a share.
- Partners + Napier pairs with Witchita firm to promote new account
Partners + Napier Inc. has joined with Invista to promote its recently acquired Tecgen brand account.
- RockVentures launches fitness program
RockVentures Inc. has launched ClimbFit, a high-intensity fitness program that combines rock climbing with core exercises, battle and suspension ropes, tractor tires and sledgehammers and climbing skills.
- Morelle to step down as Monroe County Democratic chairman
Monroe County Democratic Committee chairman Joseph Morelle will step down from that position when his present term expires this year, he announced Tuesday.
- Rochester's unemployment drops in March
Rochester’s economy continued to show improvement in March, with a sharp decrease in the unemployment rate along with increases in both non-farm and private-sector jobs, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- Xerox shares rise after Q1 beats earnings expectations
Xerox Corp. on Tuesday morning reported a drop in first-quarter profit and sales Tuesday, due, in part, to higher than expected investments in its government health care business. But it still beat Street expectations for earnings.
- Employers, agencies to attend career expo
More than 40 employers and agencies that help job seekers will gather at Finger Lakes Community College Thursday for the 2nd Annual “Why I Love the Finger Lakes” Career Expo.
Majority backs Paycheck Fairness Act|
Nearly 60 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say a national gender wage gap exists. A similar majority supports the Paycheck Fairness Act. See dozens of comments from readers.
Yelp lawsuit is a wakeup call for small businesses|
The smart business owner monitors the Web for comments about his or her business and has a strategy for responding.
Will this chance be wasted?|
Ten years down the road, how the nation’s fiscal picture looks will largely be the result of actions taken now.
More From RBJ
- A harrowing Boston Marathon experience only strengthens her resolve.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- How the ACA has changed health coverage for the poor.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
- Los Angeles judge refuses to release Chris Brown (4/23/2014 1:12:52 PM)
- Man charged with murder in nursing home deaths (4/23/2014 1:05:34 PM)
- Apple expands buybacks by $30 billion, OKs seven-for-one stock split (4/23/2014 1:02:23 PM)
- Oscar-nominated director of sled dog film dies (4/23/2014 1:00:14 PM)
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock (4/23/2014 12:58:35 PM)