Finalists selected for 2014 Athena Award
By - 11/8/2013
Thirteen women are contenders for the 2014 Athena Award. The finalists were selected by the Women's Council of the Rochester Business Alliance Inc.
The Athena Award recognizes women who best reflect the values of professional achievement and community service. These women also support others in their attainment of workplace excellence and leadership skills. Last January, Monroe Community College President Anne Kress received the 2013 Athena Award.
The recipient is to be announced at a luncheon Jan. 16 at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
The 2014 finalists come from varied backgrounds, including health care, law, education, non-profit and business sectors. They are:
- Wanda Acevedo, chief operating officer, Wilson Commencement Park
- Margaret Catillaz, partner, immigration, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP
- Mariellen Cupini, CEO/founder, Stepping Stones Learning Center
- Carol DeMoulin, president, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Rochester Inc.
- Beth Galusha, treasurer and chief accounting officer, Manning & Napier Inc.
- Christina Gullo, president/CEO, Villa of Hope
- Suzanne Johnston, president, Our Lady of Mercy High School
- Jill Knittel, chief operating officer, Employee Relations Associates Inc.
- Patricia Larrabee, CEO/founder, Rochester Clinical Research Inc.
- Mary Loewenguth, executive director, Monroe County Bar Association
- Lynne Maquat, J. Lowell Orbison endowed chair and professor, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Mary Moglia-Cannon, portfolio strategist and senior investment analyst, Manning & Napier Inc.
- Daisy Rivera-Algarin, senior marketing specialist, city of Rochester
11/8/13 (c) 2013 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.