Six finalists have been chosen for the 2013 Ethie Award, originally known as the Rochester Business Ethics Award.
The Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation, along with its sponsoring institutions and partners, said the finalists are:
- Optimation Technology Inc., a Rush firm that provides engineering and skilled trades services for industrial applications;
- D4 LLC, a Rochester company that is a national provider of electronic discovery, computer forensics and litigation support services;
- Martino Flynn LLC, an advertising, public relations and digital media firm in Pittsford;
- Saelig Co. Inc., a distributor of test and measurement and control products in Fairport;
- Rochester Rotary Club, affiliated with Rotary International and owner and operator of the Sunshine Campus for children and young adults with disabilities and special needs; and
- Zaretsky and Associates Inc., a Macedon firm that provides landscape design-build and consulting services.
Companies selected to receive the Ethie Award are to be announced at a Sept. 17 luncheon at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center. Subsequently, award recipients from competitions in Rochester and across the nation can enter a national competition, the American Business Ethics Awards.
The finalists were chosen by an independent panel of judges.
Organizational sponsors for the foundation's local awards program are the Rochester Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, the Rochester Business Alliance Inc. and St. John Fisher College. The Rochester awards were initiated in 2003.
Additional information about the awards and the September event is available at www.RochesterBusinessEthics.com.
8/2/13 (c) 2013 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email email@example.com.