The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association announced the winners Thursday of the 2013 Pinnacle Awards, Marketer of the Year Awards and Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award.
The awards recognized local companies and non-profit organizations that showcased excellence in marketing, and the event was at Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School. Each year, a highlight of the event comes with the announcement of the annual Marketer of the Year recipients.
The award for non-profit Marketer of the Year went to the American Diabetes Association. The organization was recognized for the marketing of its annual Tour de Cure cycling event.
It used relationship marketing and brand ambassadors who utilized a variety of promotional materials, including email blasts, direct mail, point-of-sale displays and social media videos. The goal was to increase corporate sponsorship, cycling team participation and income. The marketing efforts helped the association achieve 42 percent growth in sponsorship income and 31 percent growth in gross income.
The second Marketer of the Year award went to Brite Computers Inc. Last year, the company rolled out a new mini-website and quote request form, supported by social media marketing and traditional marketing, to increase brand awareness and revenue. The result was year-over-year revenue growth of 43 percent for fiscal 2012.
"One of the most rewarding aspects of involvement with AMA/Rochester is the Pinnacle Awards and finding out who is named Marketer of the Year," said Cathy Rubino Hines, board president for AMA/Rochester. "We are delighted with the increased participation of the marketing community this year and would like to wish congratulations to all the winners and express our thanks to all those who entered."
The annual Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award went to St. John Fisher College. The college's marketing club has earned national recognition from the American Marketing Association over the past two years. St. John Fisher will receive $1,000 for future club activities.
Criteria for the award are leadership, membership, programs, development, community service and involvement with both the Rochester chapter of AMA and the national AMA.
Russell McDonald, vice president of collegiate relations for AMA/Rochester, said the Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award has fostered important progress locally. Rochester-area colleges and the AMA have done a great job of increasing the number of students who participate in marketing groups and improving the quality of their work, he said.
AMA/Rochester also presented awards to more than 20 companies in its newly expanded Pinnacle Awards program, which included categories for integrated marketing, social media and special event.
The big winners included Carestream Health Inc., which won four Pinnacle Awards, and Butler/Till Media Services Inc., K2 Communications Inc., 5Linx Enterprises Inc. and the Verdi Group, which won two awards each.
Here's the full list of Pinnacle Award winners.
- Integrated marketing campaign, non-profit: United Way of Greater Rochester Inc.
- Special event, non-profit: American Diabetes Association.
- Direct mail campaign, non-profit: K2 Communications and the Highlands at Pittsford.
- Logo design, non-profit: Cancer Wellness Connections.
- Social media initiative, non-profit: Dixon Schwabl Inc. and the PGA.
- Video spot, non-profit: Al Sigl Community of Agencies.
- Branding: Paychex Retirement Plan Services.
- Business-to-business communications: First American Education Finance.
- Integrated marketing campaign: Brite Computers.
- New product or service launch: The Verdi Group.
- Special event: Roberts Communications Inc. and Xerox Corp.
- Advertising: Garlock Sealing Technologies LLC.
- Blog: Carestream Health.
- Collateral: 5Linx Enterprises.
- Direct mail/direct response: Carestream Health.
- Interactive/mobile marketing: Butler/Till Media Services.
- Online advertising: Butler/Till Media Services.
- Point of sale: 5Linx Enterprises.
- Print piece: The Verdi Group.
- Social media initiative: Carestream Health.
- Trade show promotion: Carestream Health.
- Video spot: K2 Communications and Eastview Mall.
- Website: Brockport Auxiliary Services Corp.
5/17/13 (c) 2013 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.