- Kodak posts smaller second-quarter loss, drop in revenues
Eastman Kodak Co. reported Tuesday that it sharply reduced its second-quarter net loss while revenues fell.
- Economic impact of tourism in Monroe County tops $1 billion
For the first time in Monroe County, visitors contributed more than $1 billion to the economy in 2014, numbers released by the tourism division of the state Department of Economic Development showed Tuesday.
- Wolters Kluwer hires Nole; Carestream promotes Bennett
Netherlands-based Wolters Kluwer NV on Tuesday said it has named Carestream Health Inc. executive Diana Nole as CEO of its health division starting Sept. 8. Separately, Carestream announced the appointment of Jianqing Bennett to head the digital medical solutions business unit Nole led.
- Tops to take over Wade's Market in Farmington
Tops Markets LLC will take over operations at Wade’s Market in Farmington, officials said Tuesday.
- Constellation completes purchase of luxury wine brand Meiomi
Constellation Brands Inc. has completed the acquisition of the Meiomi luxury wine brand, a deal announced last month.
- Earthlink stock rises after better-than-expected quarter
Earthlink Holdings Corp. stock was trading more than 9 percent higher Tuesday afternoon, one day after the company reported a narrower loss in the second quarter.
- Colleges, universities recognized by Princeton Review
Area colleges and universities have been recognized by the Princeton Review as being among the nation’s best for undergraduate education.
- Index shows small business job gains remain steady
The Paychex | IHS Small Business Jobs Index remains unchanged for the second consecutive month, showing little movement in the national small business employment trends but also a move away from the volatility of 2014.
- Xerox diversity program highlighted at White House Demo Day
Xerox Corp.’s diversity program, including its new Wilson Rule, was highlighted at an event Tuesday at the White House.
- Frontier shares surge after second quarter tops expectations
Frontier Communications Corp. stock jumped Monday after the company beat analysts’ expectations for its second-quarter earnings.
- Morelle, upstate Democrats in Assembly oppose airport change
Assembly Majority Leader Joseph Morelle and his upstate colleagues are calling on the Port Authority of New York and Gov. Andrew Cuomo to halt consideration of the lifting of LaGuardia International Airport’s 1,500-mile perimeter rule.
- Genesee & Wyoming earnings drop in Q2
Weakness in utility coal, steel and scrap shipments in the United States hurt Genesee & Wyoming Inc.’s second-quarter earnings, the company reported Monday. The results beat Street estimates, however.
- MCC appoints Wade as provost
Monroe Community College has been appointed Andrea Wade as provost and vice president for academic services, officials said Monday.
- Wilmot Cancer Institute to join OmniSeq Genomic Network
UR Medicine’s Wilmot Cancer Institute is joining the OmniSeq Genomic Network, an organization of institutions being formed to help define the future of advanced genomic diagnostics for cancer.
- Rochester welcomes largest convention of the year
The largest convention of the year arrived in Rochester on Monday, bringing an estimated $2.5 million economic boost to Monroe County, Visit Rochester officials said.
- Seneca Foods posts Q1 profit, decline in sales
Seneca Foods Corp. reported a fiscal first-quarter profit but a drop in sales.
Readers sound off on Trump 2016 bid|
More than 60 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll have an unfavorable opinion of Donald Trump. And more than half—54 percent—do not see Trump as a serious candidate.
The photonics promise|
The decision to base the new institute for integrated photonics here is a very big deal for Rochester.
The Dodd-Frank era: Five years and counting|
Clearly, the way one banks and with whom is changing.
More From RBJ
- Expectations are sky-high as the Bills open training camp.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- The newly appointed state Education Commissioner has a big job ahead.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Report: Ai Weiwei says China promised he can return (8/5/2015 12:21:49 AM)
- U.S. fund managers tapping into African beer market (8/5/2015 12:07:38 AM)
- French bank Societe Generale to cut costs despite rising profits (8/4/2015 11:55:26 PM)
- Crews report some progress against huge California wildfire (8/4/2015 11:50:10 PM)
- Aid pledged for flood-battered Myanmar as death toll rises to 69 (8/4/2015 11:36:13 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >