- Let me tell you this in strict confidence
Secrets are important to the people who keep them, but less important to those who disclose them.
- Rochester Chamber Top 100 announced; Hamilton Stern No. 1
Hamilton Stern Construction LLC climbed to the No. 1 spot on the 2016 Rochester Chamber Top 100, the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and KPMG LLP announced Wednesday evening.
- Five Star Bank parent reports rise in net income
Financial Institutions Inc. reported net income available to common shareholders of $8.1 million in the third quarter, up from $7.95 million a year ago.
- Report: Many in Monroe County unprepared for retirement
Generation Xers and baby boomers in Monroe County are struggling to afford basic necessities and are unprepared for retirement, a new report from AARP New York and Siena College suggests.
- Transcat reports record revenues in second quarter
Transcat Inc. reported record revenue in its fiscal second quarter, along with a 2.1 percent rise in net income.
- Brighton Securities expands headquarters
Brighton Securities has expanded its offices, adding three new conference rooms, a larger reception and waiting area, eight new offices and a dedicated wing for tax services.
- McQuaid to break ground on $16M facility
Groundbreaking is set for Thursday at the campus of McQuaid Jesuit High School in Brighton for construction of a $16 million facility for science, technology, engineering and math.
- 'Letters from Georgia' to premiere at Eastman Theatre
“Letters from Georgia,” a collaboration between world-renowned soprano Renee Fleming and fellow Eastman School of Music alum Kevin Puts, is set to premiere in Rochester and New York City.
- RIT buys liquid metal 3D printing system
Rochester Institute of Technology has purchased its first liquid metal 3D printing system from Buffalo-based Vader Systems LLC, officials announced Tuesday.
Poll: Outsourcing blamed for job loss|
More than half of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll blame trade deals and outsourcing of jobs to lower-cost countries for the decline in manufacturing jobs over the last 25 years.
The poverty numbers|
Dozens of organizations and thousands of area residents are committed to the long battle against poverty here.
Public charters don't deserve second-class status|
New York must acknowledge the injustice of leaving charter school children to the mercy of charity to put a roof over their heads.
More From RBJ
- Jim Kelly opted long ago not to run for office, but that hasn't stopped him from playing a little political football.Can job creation today keep pace with job destruction?
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Amtrak to pay $265 million for deadly Philadelphia crash (10/27/2016 6:36:03 AM)
- Texas tow truck driver takes pricey sports car for a spin (10/27/2016 6:33:57 AM)
- Kerber, Cibulkoba reach WTA semi-finals in Singapore (10/27/2016 6:21:58 AM)
- Average US 30-year mortgage rate eases to 3.47 percent (10/27/2016 6:21:52 AM)
- Kerber, Cibulkova advance to WTA semifinals (10/27/2016 6:20:59 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >