- URMC to share $3.4 million grant
for AIDS drug research
Drugs to fight HIV infections independently developed at the University of Rochester Medical Center and the University of Nebraska Medical Center could prove to be a potent new cocktail to curb the AIDs-causing virus.
- SEC will not charge Xerox staff related to accounting issues
Neither Xerox Corp. nor its Affiliated Computers Services Inc. business will receive charges related to accounting issues against them from the Securities & Exchange Commission, an SEC filing reports.
- WXXI gets $200K to improve education standards
WXXI Public Broadcasting Council has been awarded $200,000 from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help Rochester improve its educational standards.
- ESDC grant to be used toward East Rochester office renovation
A state grant of up to $200,000 will help East Rochester pay for the $8 million renovation of a former Xerox Corp. building to government offices, officials announced.
- Gannett Broadcasting taps alum of Geneseo, Channel 13
Gannett Co. Inc. has appointed a State University College of Geneseo alum who previously worked at Channel 13 in Rochester as vice president of news for Gannett Broadcasting.
- Garlock parent completes $300 million credit facility
The parent company of Garlock Sealing Technologies LLC said Thursday it has amended and restated its senior secured revolving credit facility.
- Brighton Securities names new CEO
Brighton Securities Corp. has appointed Jai Ramachandran as CEO, replacing Alexandra Conboy, who resigned to pursue other opportunities, company officials said.
- IEC notified of potential $20M in orders
IEC Electronics Corp said Wednesday it has received notification from a customer to start procuring materials in anticipation of at least $20 million in orders.
- Report compares U.S. demographics with Rochester
Rochester ranks among the top cities that most resemble the U.S. as a whole, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Time Warner Cable reports major outage; N.Y. launches probe
Gov. Andrew Cuomo wants the state Department of Public Service to investigate Time Warner Cable Inc.’s internet outage as part of its review of the company’s proposed merger with Comcast Corp., he said Wednesday.
- Strong West center to open Tuesday in Brockport
The long-planned Strong West ambulatory surgery center is slated to open Sept. 2, University of Rochester Medical Center officials said Wednesday.
- Chesonis to speak at UVANY forum in Syracuse
Sweetwater Energy Inc. Chairman and CEO Arunas Chesonis will be featured at an Upstate Venture Association of New York forum in Syracuse.
- Deadline approaching to buy GREAT Award tickets
The deadline to purchase tickets for Digital Rochester Inc.’s Greater Rochester Excellence and Achievements in Technology Awards is Sep. 4.
Is Rochester friendly to small business?|
RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents give mostly passing grades to the Rochester region for its friendliness to small business and for the ease of launching a small business here.
Majority picks Pegulas for next Bills owner|
As the process to sell the Buffalo Bills moves into its next phase, speculation about bidders for the NFL franchise continues to mount. More than half of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents say Terry and Kim Pegula are their No. 1 pick for next owner of the Buffalo Bills.
What if the “skills gap” truly does not exist?
More From RBJ
- Pitcher Bob Barr's Rochester workload was second to none.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Morality, not a particular moral code, anchors a good society.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- APNewsBreak: Buffett heir buys Rosa Parks archive (8/28/2014 4:55:26 PM)
- Russia replies to Canada's colorful map tweet (8/28/2014 4:39:53 PM)
- U.S. openly accuses Russia of sending combat troops to Ukraine (8/28/2014 4:37:27 PM)
- Virgin Australia annual net loss almost triples (8/28/2014 4:32:12 PM)
- Obama says does not yet have military strategy for Islamic State (8/28/2014 4:07:43 PM)