- County executive apologizes for I-Square controversy
Monroe County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo apologized to the community, members of the County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency and the developers of I-Square in Irondequoit at a press conference Tuesday morning.
- Rochester Precision Optics names new president
Rochester Precision Optics LLC has named Dane Hileman as president, effective June 13.
- USA Payroll acquires HR consulting firm
USA Payroll Inc. has acquired a local human resources and regulatory compliance consulting company, a move officials from both companies said will expand USA Payroll’s services and lead to employee growth.
- Area firms honored for hiring recent college grads
Area firms were honored by being named to Fortune magazine’s 50 Best Workplaces for Recent College Graduates.
- Rideout reappointed as UR School of Nursing dean
Kathy Rideout has been reappointed to a five-year term as dean of the University of Rochester School of Nursing, officials announced Tuesday.
- Sutherland named employer of the year in Philippines
Sutherland Global Services Inc. has been recognized as the IT BPO Employer of the Year for its work in the Philippines.
- Saxbys closes at College Town
Saxbys—a coffee retailer located in College Town—closed May 20 after three months of trying to find a sustainable plan moving forward, officials said. The efforts over the last few months were successful but not enough.
- Valeant CEO Papa calls B&L division a 'core franchise'
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. would contemplate selling off some assets but sees Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s ophthalmic division as a “core franchise” it should hang on to, Valeant chairman and CEO Joseph Papa said Monday.
- Bio-Optronics expands management team with four hires
Bio-Optronics Inc. has expanded its management team, adding four top executives over the past three months, President and CEO Daniel Kerpelman said Monday.
- RIT dean to become president of Edinboro University
The leader of the College of Applied Science and Technology at Rochester Institute of Technology is stepping down, officials announced Monday.
- Informational session focuses on proposed drone rules
More than 100,000 jobs will be created by 2025 using the technology associated with operating unmanned aircrafts in commercial airspace, experts predict.
- Eight research projects win UR funding
Eight research projects at the University of Rochester received funding totaling a half-million dollars. The University Research Awards, originally the Provost’s Multidisciplinary Awards, are funded $250,000 every year by the president and are matched by the schools for a total of $500,000 annually.
Majority favors breaking up big banks|
Nearly two-thirds of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll favor breaking up the nation’s largest banks.
Ethics reform remains talk only. And the window is closing on this legislative session, which is due to end in less than a month.
Will incentive compensation rules spread?|
Federal regulators have again turned their attention to the incentive compensation practices at banks for their executives.
More From RBJ
- The persistent, concentrated poverty we confront here in Monroe County is an elephant of a problem.Great news that SU has opted to put a new lid on the Carrier Dome rather than build an off-campus arena.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Guzan pushes struggles aside, puts focus on starting for US (5/24/2016 5:13:05 PM)
- Oregon mayor places police chief on leave after shooting (5/24/2016 4:59:52 PM)
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff: sources (5/24/2016 4:39:22 PM)
- Craig Sager to receive Jimmy V Perseverance Award at ESPYS (5/24/2016 4:16:52 PM)
- Woman, child dead after Amtrak train hits SUV in California (5/24/2016 3:54:51 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >