- Xerox to cut some finance jobs here
Xerox Corp. is cutting some of its local finance positions in a companywide effort to reduce costs.
- Moldavian man admits to Internet scam
A Moldavian man accused of running an Internet scam that bilked would-be car buyers pled guilty to wire fraud charges Thursday in Rochester.
- Cooper Cos. shares drop after Q4 earnings miss
Shares of Cooper Cos. Inc. stock sank some 6 percent by midday Friday after the company’s fiscal fourth-quarter adjusted earnings missed expectations.
- Defense officials to visit Eastman Business Park, RIT
Two officials from U.S. Department of Defense’s procurement division will tour the Eastman Business Park and two Rochester Institute of Technology manufacturing facilities Monday with Rep. Louise Slaughter, officials said Friday.
- Air Force Thunderbirds to appear here in 2014
The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will return to Rochester next summer after a year’s hiatus because of federal budget cuts, officials said Friday.
- Corneal surgeon pledges $4M for URMC professorships
James Aquavella M.D. has pledged $4 million to support two University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry endowed professorships, officials said Thursday.
- Cancer Wellness Connections receives Berman award
Cancer Wellness Connections and its co-founders, Eileen Grossman, Cynthia Angel M.D. and Brent DuBeshter M.D., are winners of the 2013 Howard J. Berman Prize.
- Schumer calls for extension of railroad tax credit
Food-packaging manufacturer Pactiv Corp. in Canandaigua and operators of more than 5,600 freight railroad cars would benefit if an expiring tax credit is extended, Sen. Charles Schumer said Thursday.
- RRCDC awards grants to organizations
The Rochester Regional Community Design Center has announced $20,000 in grants to three organizations in Rochester through its Development/Design Fund Program.
Majority: Firms can't refuse to follow law|
Businesses should not have the right to refuse to comply with federal law based on the owners’ religious beliefs.
Finding joy in someone else's misery can be tricky|
Any reform plan that truly targets what ails the U.S. health system will be disruptive.
In Congress' court|
Congress can--and should--resolve the issue of interstate sales tax collection for Web sales.
More From RBJ
- Red Wings GM Dan Mason hopes the Frozen Frontier will be a sports spectacle.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone.Does the ACA's tax on medical devices make any sense?
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
- British jazz great Stan Tracey dies at 86 (12/6/2013 11:43:34 AM)
- California citrus growers fight off cold spell (12/6/2013 11:38:44 AM)
- Security increased for foreigners in eastern Libya (12/6/2013 11:37:41 AM)
- Icy winter storm shuts down North Texas (12/6/2013 11:35:38 AM)
- Hundreds mark anniversary of fatal police shooting (12/6/2013 11:31:19 AM)