- Golisano gives $3 million to Al Sigl Community of Agencies
The Al Sigl Community of Agencies has received a $3 million gift from Thomas Golisano and the Golisano Foundation. It is the organization’s largest gift ever from a living donor and a major boost to its capital campaign.
- Allergan drops appeal in Alzheimer's drug antitrust lawsuit
State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is declaring victory in a 2014 antitrust case against drug maker Allergan PLC.
- Snap Poll: Fantasy sports sites violate law, most say
Nearly two-thirds of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say daily fantasy sports sites such as DraftKings and FanDuel violate New York law on gambling. More than half also say the state law should not be changed to define daily fantasy sports as legal games of skill.
- Schumer tours Kraft Heinz plant in Avon
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., toured the Kraft Heinz Co. facility in Avon Wednesday morning.
- Rochester residents are DIYers, survey finds
Rochesterians are do-it-yourselfers when it comes to home improvement projects, an online report shows.
- Advantage opens branch at URMC
Advantage Federal Credit Union has opened its eighth branch in Rochester at the University of Rochester Medical Center, officials said Wednesday.
- RIT plans online security event
Rochester Institute of Technology is hosting an event Dec. 8 aimed at helping the public stay safer and more secure online.
- Community Design Center plans Reshaping Rochester awards ceremony
Tickets are available for the Community Design Center of Rochester’s fifth annual Reshaping Rochester awards ceremony Dec. 9.
- Icahn becomes Xerox second-largest shareholder; stock rises
News that billionaire investor Carl Icahn has taken a 7.1 percent stake in Xerox Corp. caused the company’s stock to jump in after-hours trading Monday, but it drifted lower Tuesday.
- Area's unemployment rate falls to 4.5 percent
Rochester’s unemployment rate continued to fall in October, as the number of private-sector and non-farm jobs rose, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- QVI donates equipment to establish lab at RIT
A new metrology lab is being established at Rochester Institute of Technology with a donation of three measuring systems by Quality Vision International Inc.
- Rochester ranks No. 12 on top cities to shop local
Rochester ranked No. 12 on Yelp’s 2015 list of the Top 20 Cities to Shop Local, officials announced Tuesday.
- Waste Management-owned site receives conservation award
High Acres Nature Area, owned by Waste Management Inc. in Perinton, has been honored with the 2015 International Conservation Award by the Wildlife Habitat Council, an international non-profit that accredits programs that create wildlife habitat on corporate lands. It has recognized 600 sites around the world.
- Paleo food truck expands to South Ave. location
Effortlessly Healthy LLC, a paleo meal delivery service and food truck company, has expanded to open a dining and takeout location at 1021 South Ave.
Most worried about terror attack threat|
Nearly three-quarters of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll are personally worried about the threat of a terrorist attack, and 29 percent report being very worried.
The final Regulation Crowdfunding rules seem to achieve the right balance.
Let's end turf battles that squelch our region's growth|
Collaboratively, we must do a better job of promoting our strengths and assets.
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Play ball! Live life to the fullest! Advice still worth following.
- A $15 minimum wage for New York is uncharted territory.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- US policeman charged with murder had 20 earlier complaints (11/25/2015 3:00:22 PM)
- Obama admin says states lack authority to block refugees (11/25/2015 2:51:34 PM)
- Obama 'pardons' turkey in Thanksgiving tradition (11/25/2015 2:28:49 PM)
- Four men held in connection with shooting of Minnesota demonstrators (11/25/2015 2:24:41 PM)
- Winds and high tides damage Alaska beach art installation (11/25/2015 2:12:39 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >