- Valeant restates its financial statements, shakes up board
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.—the parent company of Bausch & Lomb Inc.—dropped some 6 percent by midday Friday after the company filed its annual report, including a restatement of prior financial statements.
- Northwest Bancshares to acquire 18 First Niagara branches
Northwest Bancshares Inc. will acquire 18 bank branches in Western New York with deposits totaling $1.7 billion, a move subject to the closing of the KeyCorp/First Niagara Financial Group merger.
- First Niagara reports drop in Q1 net income
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. reported a decline in first-quarter profit driven in part by merger-related costs. Officials noted the company’s planned acquisition by KeyCorp is moving forward.
- Finalists named for 2016 Wealth of Health awards
More than 20 local employers and individuals have been selected as finalists in the 2016 Wealth of Health Awards program, which recognizes efforts to encourage and support wellness among employees.
- Snap Poll: State of the city is 'fair,' majority say
More than half of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say the city of Rochester is in “fair” condition, and a plurality says the state of the city is unchanged compared with two years ago.
- Winners named at HR Executive of the Year Awards
Six local human resources executives were honored Thursday at the annual HR Executive of the Year Awards, sponsored by the Rochester affiliate of the National Human Resource Association. Among them, two received the top honor of HR executive of the year.
- Harris unit receives $29 million in orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems’ business has received two orders totaling $29 million to provide its tactical radios to an undisclosed customer in Europe.
- KeyCorp, First Niagara agree to sell 18 Buffalo-area branches
KeyCorp and First Niagara Financial Group Inc. have agreed to sell 18 of First Niagara’s branches around Buffalo, with close to $1.7 billion in deposits, the Department of Justice announced Thursday.
- Ultralife Corp. reports lower Q1 profit, higher revenues
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a year-over-year drop in first quarter profit, along with an increase in sales.
- Broadstone Net Lease acquires properties for $54.6 million
Broadstone Net Lease Inc. on Wednesday announced the acquisition of two properties for a combined purchase price of $54.6 million.
Snap Poll: Letchworth State Park tops list of favorite parks|
When respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll were asked to pick their three favorite parks, Letchworth State Park was named more than any other.
Those are the breaks|
It’s no surprise that many believe a system with broader-based rates and without a multitude of breaks would be more equitable.
The value-added tax deserves a close look|
Supporters of the value-added tax have argued that one of the biggest advantages the VAT has relative to other taxes is that it makes the task of tax enforcement relatively straightforward.
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Chris Colabello's image takes a hit with suspension from MLB after testing positive for using an anabolic steroid.
- Immigration is, on balance, good for our economy and good for our society.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Bangkok ferris wheel catches fire, but no injuries reported (4/30/2016 2:53:06 AM)
- Kenya to torch vast ivory stockpile to help save elephants (4/30/2016 2:49:19 AM)
- Hamilton tops third practice in Sochi (4/30/2016 2:39:12 AM)
- Police detain protesters at party convention in Germany (4/30/2016 1:56:21 AM)
- Rescuers dig for trapped residents after Nairobi building collapse kills seven (4/30/2016 1:56:16 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >