- URMC to receive $1.26 million in state funding for research
As one of a dozen top-tier awardees in the 2015 round of New York’s Empire Clinical Research Investigator Program, the University of Rochester Medical Center’s clinical research programs is in line to receive $1.26 million over the next two years, state officials said Thursday.
- Paychex lists top regulatory issues affecting businesses
The top regulatory issue affecting businesses this summer has been the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Paychex Inc. said Thursday.
- Monroe County ranks 4th in N.Y. for mortgage approvals
Home buyers are more likely to be approved for mortgages in Monroe County compared with most other counties statewide, a new report from SmartAsset shows.
- Sequels Home Furnishings to hold opening in Victor
Sequels Home Furnishings LLC will hold the opening of its 5,000-square-foot store in Victor, Ontario County, on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m., officials said Thursday. The new showroom is located at 5 Railroad St.
- Area gas prices continue to plummet
Gas prices continued to plummet both locally and nationally this week, following a drop in U.S. crude oil prices to a six-year low of below $40 a barrel.
- Brite Computers hires BrandOrchard founder
Victor-based Brite Computers has hired Michael Stone, founder of BrandOrchard Inc., to guide the firm’s brand planning and growth strategy.
- Slaughter voices support for manufacturing at GM plant tour
Congresswoman Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, is calling on Congress to support manufacturing businesses and job creation following a tour of General Motors Components Holdings LLC on Wednesday.
- Genesee Brew House to host festival, 5K race
The Genesee Brew House is playing host to “Tap It Forward Fest and 5K” on Aug. 30. The event will have live entertainment from Dave McGrath, Johnny Bauer and LoCash.
Snap Poll: Most readers support pay-ratio disclosure|
Nearly 70 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll approve of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s new rule requiring public companies to disclose the ratio of CEO compensation to median worker pay.
The new regs|
It’s not easy to find examples of bipartisanship in Washington, but the Jumpstart Our Business Startups or JOBS Act surely was one of them.
Blink twice, and this month is already gone|
August is the fastest month of the year. It annually arrives following a somewhat lackadaisical July.
More From RBJ
- Here's a look at some sports traditions that resonate.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Uncritical faith leads to irrational policy. Consider Republicans' faith in tax cuts.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- North Korea leader Kim Jong Un hails accord with South as landmark (8/27/2015 3:54:21 PM)
- Elway says rest will be good for Manning _ eventually (8/27/2015 3:52:27 PM)
- Walrus leave ice, come ashore on Alaska's northwest coast (8/27/2015 3:51:20 PM)
- Parole recommended for Charles Manson follower Bruce Davis (8/27/2015 3:39:48 PM)
- Programs run into pitfalls with fining college players (8/27/2015 3:38:01 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >