- Xerox inks $5.5 million contract with Tenn. finance department
The state of Tennessee has selected Xerox Corp. to provide benefits cards to 120,000 citizens receiving child support, unemployment compensation and state pension payments.
- UR grad students celebrate NLRB ruling they can unionize
A decision that clears the way for graduate assistants to unionize inspired a news conference at the University of Rochester Wednesday as students, adjuncts and the Service Employees International Union discussed a local organizing drive.
- News10NBC names news director
News10NBC has named Casey Clark news director effective Aug. 29.
- The Entrepreneurs Network seeks applicants for boot camps
Applications are being accepted for The Entrepreneurs Network Class XXI, supporting science and technology startups as well as small businesses tapping new markets or expanding their product lines.
- Rochester contracts among those approved by state comptroller
The state comptroller has approved 1,462 contracts valued at $1.72 billion and payments of almost $6.3 million in July, including four that affect the Rochester area.
- Area sees dip in unemployment rate
Rochester’s economy continued its improvement last month, with private-sector job gains and a decrease in the unemployment rate, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- RIT, Genesee Country Village to partner
Rochester Institute of Technology and the Genesee Country Village and Museum officials on Tuesday signed a memorandum of understanding to collaborate.
- Phillips Lytle names next managing partner
Phillips Lytle LLP plans to install a new managing partner next year, officials of the law firm said Monday.
- Black Button, NY Wine & Culinary collaborate on Garden Gin
Black Button Distilling and the New York Wine & Culinary center have teamed up to launch Garden Gin, a collaboration spirit that will be released on next week at the NYWCC Fourth Annual Garden Party, officials announced Tuesday.
Snap Poll: Trump should release returns, most say|
More than 80 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say Donald Trump should release his income tax returns to the public.
Rochester continues to have key assets in advanced industries and soon could gain more with the photonics hub.
Main and Clinton site is best fit for theater|
The city is facing a difficult choice considering plans for the heart of downtown Rochester.
More From RBJ
- sublime swimmer Michael Phelps is the new Olympic gold standard.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Using census data to analyze opportunities for black professionals in Rochester is far from straightforward.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Belarusian leader treats action hero Seagal to local carrots (8/25/2016 1:28:19 AM)
- UN rights chief seeks international probe of Yemen violence (8/25/2016 1:10:53 AM)
- Burundi president's commission says people want term limits removed (8/25/2016 1:08:09 AM)
- South African opposition calls for debate on Gordhan "witch-hunt" (8/25/2016 1:06:56 AM)
- UN human rights chief calls for international investigation of abuses in Yemen's civil war (8/25/2016 1:01:14 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >