- Xerox profit, sales dip in Q3
Xerox Corp. Wednesday reported a drop in third-quarter sales and profit, with financial results from the services side of the business coming in below expectations.
- JML Optical acquires operating assets of California firm
JML Optical Industries LLC has acquired the operating assets of Harold Johnson Optical Laboratories Inc., the local firm said Tuesday.
- URMC spinoff targets creation of 132 jobs
A University of Rochester Medical Center spinoff is one of 17 businesses across the state participating in the new initiative creating tax-free areas around colleges and universities
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for High Falls project
A local real estate entity was approved Tuesday for incentives totaling $60,792 to redevelop the Center at High Falls into mixed use at a cost of $1.57 million.
- Rochester region's unemployment rate drops to 5.5%
Rochester’s economy continued to improve in September, with a decline in the jobless rate, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- Warren wants details on the firing of RHA head
Mayor Lovely Warren wants specifics regarding the Rochester Housing Authority’s decision to fire Alexander Castro as executive director, she states in a letter released Tuesday. The authority’s board voted to dismiss Castro at its Oct. 14 meeting.
- Software giant SAP creates apps for Vuzix glasses
Vuzix Corp. announced SAP SE—an industry giant in backend enterprise, analytics and cloud system software—has released two applications for video eyewear company’s M100 Smart Glasses for enterprise markets.
Snap Poll: Most think U.S. will avoid Ebola outbreak|
The majority of respondents to the RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll are confident that the U.S. health system will prevent an Ebola outbreak in this country.
Take steps to protect your firm from online fraud|
If you own or operate the finances of a business, you need to be aware of fraud trends and how to protect your assets.
The other obstacle|
No single reason explains the lack of gender parity in upper management
More From RBJ
- Octogenarian Johnny Antonelli reflects on his October glory from 60 years ago.Translating the Common Core into tests fuels criticism.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Colorado girls make possible bid to join militants (10/22/2014 5:42:09 AM)
- US stocks open mixed Yahoo among early gainers (10/22/2014 5:41:59 AM)
- Macedonia police: Man robs graves for gold teeth (10/22/2014 5:35:35 AM)
- 3rd spacewalk in 3 weeks at space station (10/22/2014 5:33:47 AM)
- FedEx predicts increase in holiday deliveries (10/22/2014 5:26:29 AM)