|PRINT | CLOSE WINDOW|
Baxter Healthcare Corp.—formerly Sigma International General Medical Apparatus LLC—in Medina, Orleans County, will lay off 91 workers Jan. 3, a filing with the state Department of Labor shows.
The company cited economic reasons for the layoff. Roughly 370 jobs are being retained at the site.
Baxter is a surgical appliance and supplies manufacturer.
In 2012, Baxter’s parent company, Illinois-based Baxter International Inc., purchased Sigma by acquiring the remaining 60 percent of the company for roughly $90 million.
In 2009, Baxter had entered into an agreement with Sigma for the exclusive global distribution of its infusion pumps, a 40 percent equity stake in Sigma and an option to purchase the remaining 60 percent.
(c) 2013 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.