- Broadstone buys Va. building leased by Wegmans for $27 million
Broadstone Net Lease Inc., a private real estate investment trust managed by Broadstone Real Estate LLC, has acquired a property in Sterling, Va. tenanted by Wegmans Food Markets Inc. in a $27 million deal.
- Sands family gives $61 million
to Community Foundation
The Sands family is making a $61 million investment in the Rochester area. Brothers Richard and Robert Sands, along with their mother Mickey, have made the largest gift in the 44-year history of the Rochester Area Community Foundation to create the Sands Family Supporting Foundation at the Community Foundation.
- Final defendant pleads guilty in LDC case
After pleading guilty in Monroe County Court on Tuesday to grand larceny and bid rigging, businessman Daniel Lynch is expected to draw a two and one-third to seven-year prison term and pay $600,000 in fines and restitution.
- Genesee & Wyoming reports drop in Q4 earnings
A strong U.S. dollar, a collapse in commodities prices and a shift from coal to natural gas negatively affected Genesee & Wyoming Inc.’s fourth-quarter earnings, the company reported Tuesday.
Readers weigh in on Xerox split|
The majority of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say Xerox Corp.’s plan to split into two public companies is a positive for shareholders but a negative for Rochester-area employees.
Startups on the rise|
There has been a notable increase in fledgling businesses.
Cheap oil will not help us anytime soon|
We may just need to hunker down and accept short-term instability in both the energy sector and in financial markets.
More From RBJ
- Shortly after Jason McElwain inspired the world, he formed a special bond with Peyton Manning.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Terrorism is real and frightening, yet we can control our response to events and must not overreact.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- New Jersey Gov. Christie drops 2016 Republican presidential bid: aide (2/10/2016 10:51:11 AM)
- 2 deputies wounded, suspect dead in shopping center shootout (2/10/2016 10:32:37 AM)
- New Hampshire's primary hangover begins as candidates leave (2/10/2016 10:27:54 AM)
- Ryan, Republicans grapple with alternative to Obama budget (2/10/2016 10:18:44 AM)
- The Latest: 2 deputies wounded, suspect killed in shootout (2/10/2016 10:07:35 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >