- New Home Properties owner laying off some staff in Rochester
Home Properties Inc., now a privately held company owned by a global private-equity firm, is making changes to its local workforce, including local layoffs.
- Broadstone Net Lease closes on $123.4 million properties
Broadstone Net Lease, a private real estate investment trust managed by Broadstone Real Estate LLC, continues to grow its national portfolio of triple-net leased properties.
- RIT researcher gets grants to combat cyber attacks
A Rochester Institute of Technology researcher has received two grants, totaling more than $840,000, to help fight against cyber attacks.
- Artist Kentridge donates his works to George Eastman Museum
William Kentridge, an artist and South African activist, has donated his complete set of films, videos and digital works to the George Eastman Museum, officials said Thursday.
- Golisano Foundation to honor six with Move to Include Awards
The B. Thomas Golisano Foundation plans to celebrate its 30th anniversary by presenting its first Move to Include Awards, honoring those who promote inclusion for people with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Randi Zuckerberg to speak at RIT Saunders College series
A powerhouse in the media world headlines a popular lecture series next week at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Henrietta distributor partners with craft brewer
Shmaltz Brewing Co. is partnering with Henrietta-based distributor Lake Beverage Corp., officials said.
Uber, Lyft should operate here, most say|
Nine out of 10 respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say Albany should enact legislation to allow Uber and Lyft to operate in Upstate New York.
The worth of the Finger Lakes plan truly will be demonstrated if it guides the region no matter the outcome of the Upstate Revitalization contest.
Energy Star rebates are sometimes a good idea|
From the standpoint of both consumers and the utility companies, utility rebates are sometimes a good idea.
More From RBJ
- "Voice of the Amerks" Don Stevens is still scoring with his hockey broadcasts.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- As jobs are lost to automation, how should we respond?Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Miami-FSU tee it up NW-Michigan, Cal-Utah in league games (10/9/2015 10:35:13 PM)
- Oh Maya! Moore hits winner to lift Lynx over Fever 80-77 (10/9/2015 10:34:28 PM)
- N. Korean soldiers parade in massive anniversary celebration (10/9/2015 10:26:01 PM)
- Quaid taken into custody in Vermont trying to cross border (10/9/2015 10:16:33 PM)
- N. Korea starts military parade (10/9/2015 10:12:48 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >