- New-car sales roughly flat from a year ago
New-car sales in Monroe County in October continued to outpace 2013 sales, data from the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. shows.
- Duffy picked to succeed Parker as RBA president, CEO
Lt. Gov. Robert Duffy will succeed Sandra Parker at the helm of the Rochester Business Alliance Inc. Duffy is slated to start as RBA chief on Jan. 5. Parker retires at the end of this year.
- Legal Aid Society of Rochester leader to retire
Longtime Legal Aid Society of Rochester president and CEO Alan Harris plans to retire at the end of this month, society officials said this week.
- 5 area firms score perfect for corporate equality
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation has given five locally founded companies perfect scores for maintaining lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender-friendly workplaces and publicly supporting LGBT issues.
- Aldi to open Irondequoit store next month
National low-price grocery chain Aldi will open in Irondequoit in December.
- Carestream Health to enter the ultrasound scanner market
Carestream Health Inc. plans to launch next year its first ultrasound scanner.
- Bristol Mountain plans 36 luxury condos
Bristol Mountain is proposing to build 36 luxury condominiums at the base of the Ontario County mountain.
- OffsiteDataSync.com floats up to No. 53 on cloud list
OffsiteDataSync.com Inc. has been ranked No. 53 on Penton Media’s Talkin’ Cloud 100 report, ranking of the top international cloud service providers.
- Five Star Bank to open branch at CityGate
Five Star Bank plans to open a branch at CityGate, officials announced Tuesday.
- EL Morro Bakery marks opening on North Clinton
EL Morro Bakery—a business specializing in the desserts of Puerto Rico—held its grand opening Tuesday.
Snap Poll: Majority confident about retirement|
Recent stock market volatility has brought concerns about retirement savings and income into sharper focus, but the majority of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents are confident that in retirement they will be able to maintain their current standard of living.
High home costs hurt U.S. economy|
The effects of high home prices in desirable cities on the economy are insalubrious.
An improbable opportunity|
Is it any surprise that the federal deficit has largely disappeared as a political issue?
More From RBJ
- Reflections on the heroic life and legacy of Buffalo Bill James Robert Kalsu.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Translating the Common Core into tests fuels criticism.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Egypt president considering pardon of journalists (11/20/2014 11:42:36 AM)
- Florida student says books saved his life in campus library shooting (11/20/2014 11:39:17 AM)
- Goldman Sachs fires 2 over leak of Fed info (11/20/2014 11:36:57 AM)
- Florida State library shooter identified, used semi-automatic handgun (11/20/2014 11:33:24 AM)
- Correction: Obit-Jane Byrne story (11/20/2014 11:30:23 AM)