- IEC Electronics shareholder declares board victory, awaits results
The largest shareholder of IEC Electronics Corp. declared preliminary victory Wednesday, issuing a release that claims its slate of seven nominees to the Newark firm’s board of directors has been elected.
- Highlands director to lead Thompson Health facilities
The University of Rochester Medical Center has named Lloyd Theiss, executive director of Highlands at Pittsford, as top administrator of Thompson Health’s assistive living and senior living facilities, officials said Wednesday.
- Tompkins reports profit drop in Q4
Tompkins Financial Corp. on Wednesday reported a dip in profit for the fourth quarter.
- Vuzix CEO Travers rings Nasdaq bell as stock is listed
Henrietta-based Vuzix Corp.’s CEO and founder Paul Travers rang the Nasdaq Stock Market LLC’s opening bell Wednesday morning to mark the video eyewear and smart glasses supplier’s common stock listing.
- Wegmans program to benefit food banks raises $1.69M
Forty-nine Wegmans Food Markets Inc. stores raised a record $1.69 million last fall for the Check Out Hunger campaign. It was a 7 percent increase from the 2013 campaign, officials said.
- Hart's plans Valentine's vendor market
Hart’s Local Grocers in downtown Rochester is planning a Valentine’s Day themed vendor market Feb. 7, featuring more than 20 of the grocer’s local vendors, officials said.
- COMIDA OKs breaks for $118 million B&L project to create 112 jobs
Bausch & Lomb Inc. will receive tax breaks for a $118 million project that is projected to create 112 jobs over the next three years. The County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency on Tuesday approved a custom abatement for the project.
- Monro Muffler posts record Q3 sales
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Tuesday reported record third-quarter sales and net income.
- Region's unemployment rate drops to 5.4 percent
Rochester’s economy continues its upward climb, with an increase in the number of jobs and a decline in the unemployment rate in December, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- Transcat revenues climb, earnings flat in Q3
Transcat Inc. reported net income of $813,000, or 11 cents a diluted share in its fiscal third quarter ending Dec. 27 paired with record revenues of $31 million—a 1.8 percent year-over-year increase—the company said Tuesday.
- 'Street Smart' topic at Reshaping Rochester event
The Community Design Center of Rochester's 10th Annual Reshaping Rochester Series starts Wednesday night with a presentation on "Street Smart" by Victor Dover of Florida-based Dover, Kohl & Partners.
- PRSA seeking nominations for awards
The Public Relations Society of America’s Rochester Chapter has begun accepting nominations for the Sharleen M. Bruse and Rising Star Awards slated to be presented at the 2015 PRism Awards.
Upstate competition gets thumbs down|
Gov. Andrew Cuomo last week announced a $1.5 billion economic revitalization competition, and nearly half of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents gave it a poor grade. See dozens of comments from readers.
Havana's streets leave lasting impression|
It is a reminder of my lasting affection for Cuba, the people I met, the sights I saw and the music I heard.
Finding common ground|
Members of the upstate delegation have an opportunity to set an example by working together productively on such issues.
More From RBJ
- For every thrill of victory, there is an agony of defeat. For every hero, there is a goat.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Let's keep gasoline prices above $3 a gallon and put the proceeds into needed infrastructure.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Samsung Electronics fourth-quarter profit down 36 percent on year, in line with guidance (1/28/2015 2:53:28 PM)
- Patriots not dwelling on last Super Bowl loss in Arizona (1/28/2015 2:50:55 PM)
- Korda, Lewis, Munoz tied for lead at LPGA season opener (1/28/2015 2:49:43 PM)
- Kobe Bryant has surgery, expected to be out for 9 months (1/28/2015 2:49:03 PM)
- Charles Townes, co-inventor of the laser and a Nobel laureate in physics, has died at 99 (1/28/2015 2:42:04 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >