- Kingsbury, investment firm to acquire assets of Italian group
Kingsbury Corp. has joined with AuSable Capital Partners LLC to acquire Milan-based Negri Bossi Group Inc.’s assets.
- Area home sales fall in first quarter as listings shrink
Area home sales dropped 8.3 percent in the first quarter compared with a year ago, the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors Inc. reported Thursday. The median sale price was unchanged at $120,000 and the number homes on the market fell sharply.
- Feds charge Wheeler with tax evasion
Federal prosecutors have charged Christopher Wheeler, accused of running “pump-and-dump” penny stock scams, with tax evasion.
- Rochester region sees job growth in March
The Rochester economy showed improvement in March, with an increase in both non-farm and private-sector jobs, the state Department of Labor reported Thursday.
- Majority backs Paycheck Fairness Act
Nearly 60 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say a national gender wage gap exists. A similar majority supports the Paycheck Fairness Act. See dozens of comments from readers.
- Net income rises in Q1 for KeyBank parent
KeyCorp on Thursday reported a slight increase in first-quarter net income, beating Wall Street estimates by 2 cents a share.
- Rochester mayor admitted to Strong Memorial
Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren was admitted to Strong Memorial Hospital late Wednesday night because of flu-related symptoms, city officials announced Thursday.
- Net income rises at HCL Technologies
HCL Technologies Ltd., a global information technology services provider, posted a profit of $264.2 million, or $1.50 a share, for its third quarter. The 40 percent increase beat analyst expectations.
- Bank of America reports first quarterly loss since 2011
Bank of America Corp. on Wednesday reported a quarterly net loss of $514 million attributable to common shareholders largely due to a $6 billion charge for litigation expenses.
- Home Leasing gets $3.6M to redevelop Dental Dispensary
Rochester-based Home Leasing LLC is getting $3.6 million in state funding to redevelop the historic Eastman Dental Dispensary into 57 apartments, officials announced Wednesday.
- GRAR program secures $15,000 grant for Penn Yan project
The Greater Rochester Association of Realtors has received a $15,000 grant for its “Smart Growth” program, an extension of the National Association of Realtors.
- Loan to help Syracuse firm to redevelop Bevier Memorial Building
A Syracuse firm will get a $2.7 million loan through the Community Preservation Corp. to help finance its $3.85 million rehabilitation of an historic building on South Washington Street in Rochester.
Most not impressed by new tax cuts|
More than three-quarters of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say the new state tax cuts are unlikely to make New York a better place to live and do business.
CTE Regents diploma is important for economy|
With the passage of the legislation creating a CTE diploma, we could begin to train students to be skilled workers with meaningful careers.
New York continues to give some of its wealthiest residents too many reasons to leave.
More From RBJ
- A harrowing Boston Marathon experience only strengthens her resolve.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- How the ACA has changed health coverage for the poor.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
- Wyatt Earp gun sells for $225,000 at auction (4/18/2014 5:43:50 PM)
- Cyrus ill, postpones US tour, resumes in August (4/18/2014 5:08:29 PM)
- Fire destroys 3 homes at Jersey shore community (4/18/2014 4:55:51 PM)
- Kim Novak hits back at post-Oscar 'bullies' (4/18/2014 3:51:13 PM)
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' (4/18/2014 3:34:39 PM)