- Rochester Chamber Top 100 announced; Hamilton Stern No. 1
Hamilton Stern Construction LLC climbed to the No. 1 spot on the 2016 Rochester Chamber Top 100, the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and KPMG LLP announced Wednesday evening.
- Five Star Bank parent reports rise in net income
Financial Institutions Inc. reported net income available to common shareholders of $8.1 million in the third quarter, up from $7.95 million a year ago.
- Report: Many in Monroe County unprepared for retirement
Generation Xers and baby boomers in Monroe County are struggling to afford basic necessities and are unprepared for retirement, a new report from AARP New York and Siena College suggests.
- Transcat reports record revenues in second quarter
Transcat Inc. reported record revenue in its fiscal second quarter, along with a 2.1 percent rise in net income.
- Brighton Securities expands headquarters
Brighton Securities has expanded its offices, adding three new conference rooms, a larger reception and waiting area, eight new offices and a dedicated wing for tax services.
- McQuaid to break ground on $16M facility
Groundbreaking is set for Thursday at the campus of McQuaid Jesuit High School in Brighton for construction of a $16 million facility for science, technology, engineering and math.
- 'Letters from Georgia' to premiere at Eastman Theatre
“Letters from Georgia,” a collaboration between world-renowned soprano Renee Fleming and fellow Eastman School of Music alum Kevin Puts, is set to premiere in Rochester and New York City.
- RIT buys liquid metal 3D printing system
Rochester Institute of Technology has purchased its first liquid metal 3D printing system from Buffalo-based Vader Systems LLC, officials announced Tuesday.
- State of Our Children address highlights progress, challenges
The 2016 State of our Children report card produced by ROC the Future shows there is still room for progress. The latest report card was unveiled at a Tuesday morning breakfast that brought together leaders from the school district, county and city government and nonprofits.
- Area unemployment rate improves slightly
Rochester’s economy showed some improvement last month, with a year-over-year improvement in both the number of jobs and the unemployment rate, the state Department of Labor reported.
- AMPrint Center opens on RIT campus
The Additive Manufacturing and Multifunctional Printing Center officially opened Tuesday at Rochester Institute of Technology. The 3,200-square-foot center is on RIT’s Henrietta campus.
- Monro sees boost in sales, dip in earnings in Q2
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. reported an increase in second-quarter sales but a decrease in earnings for the quarter, missing Street expectations.
- Canandaigua VA Center gets donation of MedaCube devices
The Nancy E. Hyman Charitable Foundation, in partnership with Henrietta-based PharmAdva LLC, has donated 10 MedaCube devices to the Canandaigua VA Medical Center—a donation worth more than $15,000, officials said.
Poll: Outsourcing blamed for job loss|
More than half of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll blame trade deals and outsourcing of jobs to lower-cost countries for the decline in manufacturing jobs over the last 25 years.
The poverty numbers|
Dozens of organizations and thousands of area residents are committed to the long battle against poverty here.
Public charters don't deserve second-class status|
New York must acknowledge the injustice of leaving charter school children to the mercy of charity to put a roof over their heads.
More From RBJ
- Jim Kelly opted long ago not to run for office, but that hasn't stopped him from playing a little political football.Can job creation today keep pace with job destruction?
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Duterte says Philippines could join sea exercises with Japan, again vents anger at U.S (10/27/2016 4:24:33 AM)
- Pope Francis accepts church leaders' invitation to visit South Sudan (10/27/2016 4:22:35 AM)
- Qualcomm to buy NXP for $38 billion in largest chip deal (10/27/2016 4:18:46 AM)
- The Latest: Trump won't commit to working with Clinton (10/27/2016 4:14:22 AM)
- British pound wins GDP boost but European equities sag (10/27/2016 3:57:42 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >