- Berk to step down as URMC CEO
to head new research institute
University of Rochester Medical Center CEO Bradford Berk M.D. plans to step down at the end of the year to establish and head a new UR research organization, the Rochester Neurorestorative Institute, officials said Wednesday. Mark Taubman M.D., dean of the School of Medicine and Dentistry, will take over as medical center CEO.
- Xerox to move some Va. operations to Webster campus
Xerox Corp. will consolidate its sales and technical training functions, moving some of its Virginia operations to Webster.
- Survey finds Rochester workers likely to get raises in '15
Most Rochester-area employers plan to increase employee pay in 2015, a new survey from Rochester Business Alliance Inc. shows.
- New car sales up from year ago
New-car sales in Monroe County last month continued to outpace sales from last year, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association reported.
- Golisano gifts $3.5 million to Niagara Falls hospital
Paychex Inc. founder Thomas Golisano has made a $3.5 million gift to the Niagara Falls Medical Center, the largest gift in the hospital’s history.
- Rochester ranks high for education level
Rochester ranks among the top third of cities nationwide for its education level, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Vuzix unveils upgrades at facility
Vuzix Corp. has upgraded its cleanrooms, tool processing equipment and waveguide manufacturing facility at Brighton Henrietta Town Line Road.
- Firm plans panel discussion at annual meeting near Lake George
Perinton-based IP.com on Thursday will play host to a panel discussion at The Business Council of New York State annual meeting.
- Thousands attend service for Laurence and Jane Glazer
To say the memorial service held Tuesday for Laurence and Jane Glazer at Temple B’rith Kodesh was well-attended would be a vast understatement. To accommodate those who came to pay respects, the temple opened partitions, adding room for some 2,500 more attendees to its 350-seat sanctuary.
- COMIDA approves tax breaks for Edge of the Wedge
Buckingham Properties LLC was approved Tuesday for tax exemptions totaling $481,326 to support its $5.2 million Edge of the Wedge development on South Clinton Avenue.
- MVP Health Care to discontinue two Medicare Advantage plans
Pressed by continuing cuts in Medicare Advantage reimbursements, MVP Health Care is dropping two such plans, CEO Denise Gonick said Tuesday.
- Mercier Realty under investigation by state
Henrietta real estate firm Mercier Realty Inc. is among nine companies being investigated for possible predatory lending, state officials said Tuesday.
- Court dismisses class-action lawsuit against IEC
IEC Electronics Corp. Tuesday said a lawsuit against it has been dismissed.
- Graham gets orders from nuclear industry
Graham Corp. has received two new orders from two U.S. nuclear utilities totaling $3.6 million.
- Report gives low marks to N.Y. on tax burden fairness
New York earned poor marks for its tax burden fairness, a new report from WalletHub shows.
Readers pay tribute to the Glazers|
More than 110 readers responded to our call for readers to share their thoughts on Laurence and Jane Glazer—their achievements in business and their impact on the community. See dozens of comments from readers.
Higher education owes the public some answers|
Higher education in 2014 may be getting what it deserves, paying the price of having been a law unto itself for too long.
The Glazers' legacy|
Laurence and Jane Glazer did not steer clear of challenges; they embraced them.
More From RBJ
- Pegulas' purchase of Bills gives fans plenty to "Shout!" about.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Morality, not a particular moral code, anchors a good society.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- 10 Things to See in Sports: AP's top sports photos (9/17/2014 3:23:08 PM)
- EBRD bank slashes outlook for Russian economy (9/17/2014 3:20:41 PM)
- Obama and US lawmakers turn up heat on IS (9/17/2014 3:12:27 PM)
- Eisenhower Memorial panel considers Gehry's design (9/17/2014 3:09:28 PM)
- Chagrined NFL teams bow to pressure on domestic abuse cases (9/17/2014 2:49:36 PM)