- Region's unemployment rate
drops to 4.3 percent in June
The Rochester economy continued its upward swing last month, with an improvement in the jobless rate and an increase in private-sector and non-farm jobs, the state Department of Labor reported.
- Trillium Health wins federal approval
Trillium Health Inc. has won federal approval to operate as a so-called look-alike federally qualified health center, company officials said Monday.
- New-car sales decline in June
New-car sales in Monroe County in June were down from year-ago sales, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Aurora Machine first to get new liquid metal 3D machine
Aurora Machine, a dba of Aurora Machine & Manufacturing Inc., has announced a deal with Buffalo-based Vader Systems LLC to acquire a 3D printing machine, officials announced Tuesday.
- Henrietta has of the nation's 'sorriest bus stops'
In a battle that no one wants to win, a bus stop in Rochester has ranked as one of the nation’s “sorriest bus stops.”
- Northwest Bank parent posts Q2 loss
Northwest Bancshares Inc., the parent of Northwest Bank, announced a second-quarter net loss of $7 million, a decrease of $22.3 million compared with the same quarter last year.
- Henry Luce Foundation grant to preserve archive at RIT
Rochester Institute of Technology has received more than a quarter-million dollars to preserve its Graphic Design Archive.
- UR appoints a dean of graduate studies
The University of Rochester announced Monday the appointment of a new dean of graduate studies in Arts, Sciences and Engineering.
Pull the plug on Start-Up NY, most say|
Does the Start-Up NY program deserve more time to prove its worth? The majority of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say no.
Labor force shift|
A lower participation rate could be a real obstacle to faster growth, if employers can’t find the people they need.
Memories of first love still fuel passion|
Ardent feelings sometimes develop between the owner and the automobile, the man and the machine.
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Sports is filled with nomads, people who can't hold on to a job but won't quit trying.
- Why has Start-Up NY produced so few jobs? Here are some reasons.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Prosthetic leg stolen from boy, 4, at California beach (7/26/2016 5:23:34 PM)
- Young boy who went missing from Boston beach found dead (7/26/2016 5:17:25 PM)
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday (7/26/2016 5:13:47 PM)
- The Latest: 2nd rescue ship arrives at Alaska sinking site (7/26/2016 5:12:51 PM)
- Mickelson seeks British Open form, better result (7/26/2016 5:10:29 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >