- UMMC, Clifton Springs Hospital to join Rochester Regional Health
Rochester Regional Health System has inked definitive agreements laying out terms for Batavia’s United Memorial Medical Center and Clifton Springs Hospital and Clinic in Ontario County to join RRHS, officials of the health care organizations said Wednesday.
- Report says Rochester ranks high among poorest metro areas
Rochester ranks as the fifth poorest city nationwide among the 75 largest metro areas, a new report from Rochester Area Community Foundation and ACT Rochester shows.
- Xerox holds employer title among public firms
The Big Three is no more, but one of the trio of iconic Rochester companies—Xerox Corp. —ranks as the region's largest publicly held employer, according to the RBJ 75 special supplement to be published Friday.
- Dorschel Automotive awarded Alfa Romeo franchise
Dorschel Automotive Group has been awarded one of two Alfa Romeo franchises statewide. Owned by Fiat, Alfa Romeo has not offered franchises in the U.S. in nearly two decades.
- Leaders to discuss 'manufacturing community' designation
United States Assistant Secretary of Commerce Jay Williams will meet with Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren and area manufacturers Thursday to discuss manufacturing initiatives.
- City weighs plan to house immigrant children at Blossom South
City officials are weighing a proposal to house up to 172 undocumented immigrant children in the former Blossom South Nursing and Rehabilitation Center building on Monroe Avenue.
- Among privately held employers here, Wegmans ranks No. 1
Wegmans Food Markets is the largest employer among privately held companies in the six-county Rochester region, according to the RBJ 75 special supplement to be published Friday. But who are the rest of the top five?
- Region's unemployment rate declines in June
The Rochester metro area economy continued its upward momentum in June, with an increase in jobs and a decrease in the unemployment rate, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- Geva inks lease deal for housing near theater
Geva Theatre Center has signed a 10-year lease on space at 1 Woodbury Blvd., which officials say will be used to house the theater’s actors and artists.
- RF Communications receives $15 million order
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications division received a $15 million order to deliver its latest wideband handheld tactical radio to an undisclosed country in the Middle East.
- Weather ranking puts Rochester near bottom
Rochester ranks among the worst cities nationwide for its weather, a new report from WalletHub shows.
Redskins name should stick, most say|
More than three-quarters of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents oppose the federal decision to cancel trademark protection for the Washington Redskins. Slightly fewer respondents—71 percent—say franchise owner Daniel Snyder should not change the team’s name.
Getting more loans to underserved entrepreneurs|
As we make SBA loans easier and more affordable, more lenders will join our program, more small businesses will have access to our lending products, and more entrepreneurs will succeed.
A needed review|
It seems hard to argue with his statement that the current laws governing the activities of certain authorities "are in need of review and reform."
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Can the decision to refuse vaccination be truly "personal"?
- Kelly's finest hours have come during his most trying times.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Six charged in global e-ticket hacking scheme (7/23/2014 11:56:53 AM)
- First MH17 bodies arrive in grieving Netherlands (7/23/2014 11:56:13 AM)
- First Superman comic book to go up and away at eBay (7/23/2014 11:50:09 AM)
- NATO sees signs weapons still moving from Russia to Ukraine (7/23/2014 11:41:37 AM)
- Egypt judge: Al-Jazeera team did "devil's" work (7/23/2014 11:38:58 AM)